I am most excited to be running as a member of the American Cancer Society team. In fact, we get special shirts to wear!! I wanted to run with some kind of memento to each of the people that I am running for. I didn't have pictures of each of them, so I decided to get a little creative. Here is what it looks like:
Probably the #1 reason that I wanted to run as a part of the American Cancer Society is in support of my dad, the Chief of the Washington Police Department. My dad continues to fight cancer, and I will continue to walk alongside him in every way that I can.
Frank Hinson, a great friend and co-worker in Philly was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, but it was caught quickly and since the tumor was removed has shown no signs of the cancer returning! This logo was the hardest for me to do, being a pretty avid Eagles fan, but I had to represent for him. He and his family are from North Carolina and, despite our best efforts, continue to be big Carolina fans. Only for you Frank!!
My grandmother (my mom's mom), who died of cancer when I was 16, LOVED to play bridge. She was the one who first taught me about Christ and has so much to do with why I am who I am.
This is Jeff Burton's car, representing the Caterpillar company. My grandfather (my dad's dad), who died from cancer when I was 12, worked for Caterpillar his entire life. They closed the local plant the day of his funeral so everyone could attend.I don't know how long those logos will actually stay on my shirt, but I'm hoping they will help me remember why I'm doing this when I am ready to quit. My longest run so far has been 8 miles (according to my training schedule that's the longest I should do before the race), but I really wanted to quit after about 6...so we'll see.
I WILL cross the finish line, though, and Bonita, Lindsay and I are already so proud of ourselves for completing 12 weeks worth of training and finally getting to this point!!
We are also trying to focus on after the race. First, we are going to eat lunch at Sonic, cause we earned it! Then, I rented us a hotel room outside of the city (where there aren't fighting dogs and all night parties) that has an indoor pool and hot tub. It also comes with a FULL breakfast in the morning. We are really looking forward to relaxing in the pool, getting a good night's sleep, eating yummy food and overall just having a lot of fun together!!
First, though, we have to get up at 5 a.m. and then run 10 miles. Is that all??
2 comments:
I know how hard it was to wear a Panther's logo!!! That is LOVE!!!
You go girl, can't wait to hear how it went!
:) C
YOU DID IT ! ! Congratulations, Trish ! Jumping up and down in NC! when those moments come, when the fear is stunning, this will be remembered.
d
Post a Comment