Wow, the last week has completely flown by!! I have thought a million times about sitting down and blogging the days happenings and my thoughts, but I could never seem to get everything together in my mind in a way that would even remotely make sense, so I just avoided the blog. I will try and catch you up a bit...
Again, this post will probably focus more on the "this is what happened" part of things, and soon (really!) I will have a post on the "this is what God is doing in the midst of all of those things". For now, here is the quick update.
On Sunday May 17th, Bonita turned 13. That's right, the baby is now a teenager!!!! I still haven't adjusted to it yet. She will be coming to God Squad and Teen Club, will be a leader with me at Kids Club. Its just crazy!!! She spent the day with her family, which was great for me because I wanted to sleep, haha. We celebrated her birthday this past weekend. More on that in a minute.
Most of last week was spent catching up on work and working extra hours for AIM to make up for the week I spent at the beach. Not very exciting to write about, but it felt good to get into the groove of things, at least a little. Things are getting pretty hectic at AIM and Cornerstone as we prepare for the summer, and I am trying to not get too overwhelmed. Some days are better than others, haha.
So, I didn't really do much on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday other than work, unpack, do laundry, etc.
On Thursday, several of us decided to clean out our friend's car. I used to think my car was disgusting, but I was wrong. I had never seen anything like it (let me reiterate, this is NOT my van)...
In the end, though, we had a lot of fun, laughed a lot, and her car is clean!!
I will have to post pictures later because I don't have any. I let Bonita use my camera for the day and my friend Kirsten took the good group photos (Bonita's pictures are all the girls posing like models in different parts of the park, haha). As soon as I get some from Kirsten, I will post them!!
Bonita invited 5 of her friends (Linda, Linda's boyfriend Luis, 2 girls from school and one from church) and we all drove in one van. My friends Lindsay, Melissa, Kirsten and Andy also came along in a separate van so I would have something to do (I let Bonita and her friends do their own thing). We arrived at 11 a.m. and stayed until the park closed. It was a lot of fun, but exhausting!!! We did pack lunch and dinner, and tons of water. Bonita and her friends definitely had a lot of fun. Only one of them (other than Bonita and Linda) had ever been before, so they had a blast. They all completely crashed in the car on the way home, which was fine with me!
Thankfully, everyone that was with me (Kirsten, Melissa, Lindsay and Andy) really loved roller coasters, so we had a blast together as well. Of course, we were all ready to pack up and leave at like 7; apparently we're getting old. But, we pushed through til the end and definitely got our money's worth. There were 2 big rides that we didn't get to go on (one had a REALLY long line, and the other was closed for the day), so we want to try and go back sometime this summer. One ride, the Lightening Racer, was so much fun we rode it 8 times!! I guess we're not THAT old, haha.
Sunday was a pretty fun day too, although I was completely exhausted. My friends Frank and Elizabeth were dedicating their baby, Selah, at their church that morning and I really wanted to go. I thought I could easily make it to Cornerstone in time as well (their service started at 10, ours starts at 11), but of course they waited until the very end of the service to do the baby dedication. I'm REALLY glad I was there though; the sermon was exactly what I needed to hear, and Selah looked SO cute in her dress! I raced out of their church and got to Cornerstone literally at the exact moment that pastor Bill was announcing, "If you have your Kids Day permission slip, you can turn it in to Trish. I haven't seen Trish...oh, there she is, in the back." It was perfect, and awesome!!
I was extremely tired after church, so while I had grand plans to clean the basement that afternoon, that didn't exactly happen. Well, at least not right away. First, came a really long nap. :) I DID begin the process that night, though, and got A LOT done. In fact, there is all kinds of exciting stuff happening at my house, that you will just have to wait to hear more about. Trust me, though, it'll be worth the wait! :)
Hmm...so I guess now we're up to yesterday. I started my day by participating in a 3 hour long spinning class!!! It is, in fact, as crazy as it sounds. I have NEVER sweated (is that a word?) that much in my entire life. But, I DID IT!! I am being constantly blown away by the things that I am doing, things I never thought I would EVER be able to do. I KNOW that I couldn't do any of them without God's grace, and I am so thankful for that. I am just in awe of Him...
I was pretty worthless in terms of accomplishing things for several hours after the spinning class (it kinda felt like the Broad St. run all over again! We biked approximately 50-60 miles!!). Plus, my bathroom is out of commission right now (more hints to the exciting things happening at my house!), so I couldn't shower!! I was gross! I really didn't care, though, I didn't see anyone so I could just lay around the house and be gross. I did finally put the air conditioner in the window in my bedroom so I was able to stay cool for the day, even if I was disgusting.
After a lot of rest, I went to see the movie "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" with Lindsay to celebrate her birthday (she turned 17 yesterday!!! AHHHH!!). The movie was not very good at all, but I always enjoy hanging out with Lindsay, so at least that part was nice. I came home to a basement full of 12 large trash bags that needed to go outside before the trash pick up in the morning. They were NOT easy to carry, so I got a second workout, haha. I did manage to clean out ALL of the junk in my basement though! (75% of it belonged to Frankie, so left a bunch of stuff when he moved out over 2 years ago, 15% belonged to the girls; stuff I have been trying to get them to sort through for 2 years, and about 10% was mine, mostly left over construction stuff from when my kitchen was being worked on...again, about 2 years ago). I tossed or gave away ALL OF IT, and now my basement is free to be cleaned and organized (we are turning it into a little exercise area now that the kids are too old to need a playroom, which is what it was before) and there is even storage space for the things I actually do need to keep. The cleaning and organizing will happen later this week...
So, that's about it!! Like I said, God is really doing a lot in this time, and I promise to write about it soon. I also, as mentioned, have some exciting stuff going on with my house that I will share later this week!! And I will post pictures of Bonita's party and the basement (I have been working really hard on it!!) soon!! I mean it, I will be back soon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment