I have wanted this all to be done for a long time. The kitchen would have been finished a while ago, except that the bathroom leaked into the kitchen whenever someone showered, so finishing the kitchen didn't make sense until the bathroom could be completely redone. I honestly wasn't sure if that would ever happen, but it finally is!! And it really came out of nowhere...
There is a guy, M, that Frank Hinson has been working with for several months on addiction recovery. He is VERY talented with construction and last Wednesday Frank asked me if I would be interested in hiring him to do some work at my house. He and Frank came over on Thursday, looked at everything I needed to have done and then gave me an estimate. It was VERY fair (and now that I see just how good he is, I realize that it was more than fair!), so I jumped on it. I will be struggling financially a bit to make up for spending this money when I didn't expect it, but I don't care! Having all of this work finished relieves so much stress that tightening my budget doesn't seem like a big deal at all! (I will need to reread that statement over the coming months, haha).
One of the best parts, for me, is that I am paying someone to do the work. I don't feel like a charity case and I'm not taking Frank away from his family for hours and days. I can see God's hand in this, taking care of me once again in a way I didn't expect, (but that's how He works!) and I feel SO blessed.
At the same time M has been working on my kitchen and bathroom, I have been hard at work on the basement. So, my house is getting a mini overhaul!! Like I said, things are still in progress, but here is where we are so far!!
The biggest project has been the bathroom. (Yes, I realize that it is a very small bathroom! Everything about my house is pretty small, which works great for only 2 people. I still don't know how we did it with 7!)
It's still in progress, so stay tuned for the final pictures later tonight, or tomorrow!
Here is the before picture. Please note the pink tile (yuck!), the lack of mirror or electrical outlet, and the open area under the sink where I could store...nothing. Also, you can't see in this picture, but the "tile" floor was all cracked and being discolored by the leaking toilet.
No, the toilet will not stay in the tub, haha. But, that's where it is for now!
The kitchen is getting there too. I don't have a ton of pics because most of the kitchen work is small cosmetic stuff. One problem that suddenly arose, however, was that my sink broke for no apparent reason.
The main kitchen project was the ceiling. Here is what it did look like (for 2 years!):
I haven't really done any construction, but I've still be working hard on the basement! :) I have literally ignored the basement for months, only going down to throw junk somewhere. Here is what it looked like:
The treadmill will move to the other side once I get the chance to scrub the floors and clean it up more, but this is the basement clean without all the trash and junk in in!!
The work should be finished today, though some things might not be dry until tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!! (Actually, I have to admit I'm most excited about being able to use my own shower and toilet soon, haha).
I will post final pictures as soon as its all finished! Stay tuned!!
1 comment:
How exciting Trish! It looks wonderful! What a blessing having those projects completed will be! I look forward to seeing more pictures and hopefully seeing it in person some day.
Post a Comment