Friday, August 28, 2009

Still Loving It Here!

Today was a very laid back, very fun day. This is where we spent most of it:

So relaxing and fun!!

I did stay up pretty late last night getting my AIM work finished, so I slept in a little this morning (although I'm still pretty tired and will be going to sleep as soon as I finish this post!).

We had a lazy morning; eating breakfast and hanging around the house until around noon. We actually contemplated not going anywhere today, but we weren't sure how hurricane Dan was going to affect the beaches and he is supposed to hit tomorrow. It isn't very strong, so it will most likely just bring rain, but we didn't want to miss a day at the beach because we are lazy. :)

So, we packed up the car and headed to Goose Creek State Park. Its technically not the beach, but has a free swimming area right on the Pamlico Sound (a river; we were near where it meets the Atlantic Ocean), which was perfect because we didn't really want to drive far and its only 15 minutes from my parents house.

It turned out to be EXACTLY what we wanted!! There was not a single other person there, so we had a blast being ridiculous together. The water was incredibly warm, so we spent hours playing and not getting cold. Plus, the winds from hurricane Dan started coming through, which brought fun waves for us to play in. They had an area roped off where you can swim, and it was a pretty big area. The best part, though, was that even when we went out as far as they would let us, we could all still stand up! And we were far from shore!!

I stood on the shore and took a picture of the girls. They are standing up, as far out as we were allowed to go. Can you see them?


Can you see them now??

This is as close as I can zoom the picture in:

It was SO far away!!

The state park is on a camp ground, which none of us were too excited about, especially with all the bugs. They weren't a problem when we were in the water, but out of the water...we started to have flashbacks of all the bugs in NY and the bees at staff retreat so we ran to and from the car, haha. I asked the girls if they wanted to try and borrow a tent and go camping there (I was joking), and I thought they were going to kill me. After a week at camp in NY and then heading straight into 3 more days at a camp for staff retreat, we are all VERY much enjoying comfy beds, air conditioning and no bugs!

We got home from the beach around dinner and took turns taking showers. It went a lot faster with 2 showers, which got me even more excited about possibly moving to a house with two bathrooms!!

After showering we all ate dinner and then the girls spent hours running around the house and the backyard laughing, wrestling, and doing I'm not sure what else. They seem to really be enjoying all the space! I just hung out with my parents, which was fun for me!

Not a very exciting day, but a really good one for all of us. Right now the girls are spread into different rooms doing all different things. Linda is on the phone in one room, Bonita is in another room downloading worship songs (and singing along to them), and Cupcake is in a third room writing and (in her words) "enjoying the quiet. I like quiet and I never get quiet".

Peace is the word I would use to describe our lives right now. And we are all loving it.

No comments: