There is so much going on right now, I think my head might explode. Its all stuff that I really want to share too, but I can't do it all at once, that would be overwhelming for me and for you! This is the last week of clubs for the summer and things should be winding down, but they aren't. There is still so much going on! Just this week I am starting the process of selling my house, going to NY for the day tomorrow (the girls have never been!), helping with the Reading Rocks party on Wednesday (which I have talked so little about all summer, yet has been a huge part of my summer!), our annual church picnic on Saturday and preparing for God's Girls, which will start next week (usually the hardest week of the year for me). The week after that we will be taking the teens to a camp in New York for a week (last minute invite!), then the Cornerstone Block Party and then our staff retreat! Oh, and I have to get the girls ready to start Cyber School. AHHH!!! I'm trying not to freak out, but that is clearly not working, haha. (I'm also training for a half marathon, cause I have so much free time).
Oh, and as of Sept. 1 I am the only AIM person working in Philly. We still haven't figured out exactly what that means...
Okay, I've already overwhelmed myself, haha. The cool thing is that God is most definitely doing some really exciting things right now.
I guess I will start with all the house stuff. I got a wonderful response from the people that I asked to pray about me moving and everything seems to be pointing in the direction of trying to get this other house. I felt a real peace about it (and still do, despite the stress), until last night. I started to question everything... and then my neighbors started their party, for the 3rd night in a row. I was almost at a breaking point, and I really feel like it was God reminding me of what He has already said. As I picked up the phone to call the cops for the 4th time in 3 days, I felt God tell me that He was taking me to a place of peace.
So, I decided to start taking steps toward selling my house. I talked to several realtors today and am now seeking wisdom as to who to go with. One seems much more professional, but they don't sell as many houses in our neighborhood as the other realtor. I will be meeting with both this week and I'm praying that God will make the decision very clear to me.
I also met with the couple who are going to sell me their house and we went over to look at the house I am hoping to buy...mainly to make sure I remembered it the way I thought I did and to make sure it was really what I wanted. As we walked through the house, it already started to feel like home. The bedroom for the girls is twice the size of the one they are in now. The living room is twice the size of my current one, which means I can move my "office" out of my bedroom and into the living room, something I have wanted for years.
The other 2 bedrooms, mine and Ashley's, are perfect size for us as well and we will easily fit into the house. The kitchen definitely needs work, but it is totally functional as it is, so things can be fixed whenever the money/time is there. And, my dad will be VERY excited to know that the security system is totally state of the art and covers literally every inch of the house.
The block is so quiet!! As I stood on the front steps, looking at the elementary school across the street I was overwhelmed with joy thinking about inviting kids to stop by on their way home after school. I got so excited thinking about waving to them on their way to school in the mornings, getting the chance to pray for them every day. I already know probably close to 100 kids that go to that school, which means there are hundreds more to meet!! I can't just walk in the school and introduce myself, but I can hang out on my steps and start to build relationships that way! I'm so excited!!
Of course, all the details that surround selling a house and buying another one are extremely overwhelming to me. I do have several really great friends that are helping me and I am just praying that the Lord will really give me discernment as I make decisions. These are really big decisions!
I need the house to sell for a certain amount in order to afford the new house, and with the market the way that it is, its going to have to be the Lord that makes it happen. And I have to be totally honest, I am having a really hard time trusting. Its doesn't make sense at all, but I am. When I bought my current house I actually had a supporter write me a very substantial check to cover everything, and I never asked for that. If God can do THAT, why can't I trust Him to provide the money I need this time??
I guess there is a part of me that is just questioning myself. Am I really hearing the Lord right? And the question I always wrestle with: Is He really THAT good?? I can't believe that I still ask myself that question, He consistently shows me that He is always BETTER than I think, but I still struggle. A lot.
So, basically I'm taking baby steps of faith and trying really hard to focus on Him and not the GIANT waves coming all around me. I'm not doing so great at it, but I continue to walk forward, knowing that His hand is always there for me to grab as I start to sink. I am learning a lot right now, that is for sure.
Things continue to be very up and down with the girls, but I am more confirmed than ever in the decision to have them stay with me. I can see the battle that is raging for their hearts, and I am fighting hard for them...and of course, making countless mistakes along the way, and then watching God redeem them for His glory. Its still a struggle to not have a say in everything (they both recently got piercings that I would never have approved of, but I'm not their mom...), but that, like everything else right now, is a learning process. Overall we are having a lot of fun together...and we are all growing a lot. I'm excited and nervous to see what this school year will bring. Both girls see it as a fresh start for them, and I am really praying that it will be!!
Okay, that's about all I can update for now. Don't worry though, there will be plenty more to come. I'm excited to take the girls to NY for the first time. I'm going to try and sneakily make it as educational as possible as we go to Ellis Island, Ground Zero, and possibly to see a Broadway show. We'll see if they can survive all the walking. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment