So, today was the first day of God's Girls, and it was GREAT! We had 12 girls and they are all so beautiful and wonderful. I'm so excited to see what God is going to do!! I honestly had to hold myself back from crying a few times as I looked around at these incredible young women. As we talked about how we see ourselves and how GOD sees us, I was heartbroken to hear them talk about the way they see themselves. The lies of the world get into our heads so easily!! It was a HUGE blessing and privileged to share with them the truth...they are PERFECT!! (Ezekiel 16:13-14).We also had a lot of fun, laughing as we talked about, well girly things. :) I think its really weird for several of the girls who have only known me as their Kids Club leader. They are used to me singing silly songs and talking about my cat. Now, they are listening to me talk about our bodies and boys. Its going to take some getting used to for them!!
So, day 1 is over and I am VERY excited for day 2. Many of these girls have older sisters who were God's Girls, so I am REALLY excited to get to know them for THEM, and not as so and so's little sister. I forgot how much fun God's Girls can be!
For those of you who are wondering, here is an overview of the day:
What do we do on DAY 1?
The girls choose their supplies, each one getting a folder, highlighter, pen, pencil (which say God's Girl on them!), journal, and a bag.

We quickly got started with introductions, reminders to be kind and respectful, and prayer time. The girls each select a brand new Bible to keep too! They use their new Bible throughout the program, so we give it out on the first day.We then dove right into our first topic: Beauty.
The girls each draw their version of a beautiful woman, this is always fun! Then we dive into God's word to see what HE has to say about beauty...
We have the girls take some time to focus on their own unique traits...
After a healthy snack break, we begin with our discussion about modesty. We talk not only about dressing modestly but also acting modestly (flirting and such). The most fun is when the girls jot down their notes on our lovely stick woman...
I lead them through the different areas of dress and some tips and suggestions for how to maintain modesty.
The 3 hours went by way too fast (as always), and it was really fun! The girls are great, they were really kind and attentive (they aren't always that way, so that was nice). Now, we get ready for Day 2 tomorrow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment