The leaders and I stayed on our side of the lake all morning. The teens have quiet times, devotions and then bible lessons in the morning, so there isn't much opportunity to hang out with them. So, I stayed back and got some work done and the guys played tennis and hung out. We all met up for lunch only to discover that we have to pay for lunch. We managed to afford it today, but we decided that we are just going to skip lunch each day and load up on breakfast and dinner for the rest of the week since those are free.
After lunch, the guys decided to stay and play softball with the people at the Inn while I decided to head over to the Island and see how the teens were doing. 1:30-5:30 every day is their free time. They can pretty much do whatever they want, as long as their counselors know where they are. This is also the time that they participate in the special activities that they signed up for. A few of the teens did the high ropes course today, but most were just hanging out. Here are some pictures I snapped:
After the party barge arrived we all gathered together again for some worship and then a drama. The worship was great and and the drama was extremely well done (it was the story of the prodigal son, modernized). The camp director shared his testimony and it was really good and something a lot of the teens could relate to.
J and I had to leave before the drama was over (the last boat leaves at 11, so we can't miss it!), but we enjoyed what we saw. I'm excited to hear what the teens have to say tomorrow!
So, that was today. Sorry this update is a little short, I wasn't around for a lot of stuff today. Plus, most of the guys spent all afternoon playing football, so there weren't many exciting pictures to take. We'll see what happens tomorrow!! OH! And Linda and Cupcake passed the swim test today!! I'm SO proud of them! Bonita isn't too happy about it, haha, but she'll be okay. Anyway, goodnight everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment