Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Great Things About Being Single, Part 2

1. I can start and finish a book in one day, with no interruptions.

2. My room is a DISASTER. If I close the door, no one knows. :)

3. Other people's kids! (I just spent 2 days completely enjoying the kids of our staff members, but I didn't have to change a single diaper. I also stayed up late at night and slept until we had a meeting in the morning).

4. Do I want to shower today? I make the decision based on the answer to this question: Will I see anyone today that will be offended by the smell?

5. When I want time alone, I don't have to ask; I just take it.

6. Hey Trish, I have tickets to the Eagles pre-season game against the Jets on Thursday, can you drop everything and come with me? YES!!!

7. Hey Trish, we have an emergency and we need a babysitter, can you drop everything and help us out? YES!!!

8. I want ice cream at 2 a.m. I will go get ice cream at 2 a.m. (shhhh...don't tell my dad) :)

9. The toilet paper is under. Not over; under. Its my house.

10. I control the temperature of the house. Too cold? Grab a blanket. :)

Okay, that's all I have for now. I really hope no one is offended by these posts, please let me know if you are. I am not at all, in ANY way, trying to say that being single is better than being married. I am simply trying to enjoy the blessings of the season of life I am in now. I could make a list of the Great Things about Being Married (I know that list is very long), but that just isn't where I am in my life right now. .

I will say, though, that after spending 2 days with several couples that I love, respect and admire, I have an ever greater appreciation for what a blessing marriage truly is. I am very blessed to be surrounded by some great married people that make me excited about the possibility of that being in my future. They don't fool me into thinking marriage is easy, but they show me that it is very worthwhile (which is what I hope to learn to do with singleness).

Nonetheless, I am certainly enjoying my life right now!! In fact, its almost midnight but I haven't watched tonight's Criminal Minds episode yet, so I am off to do that. Tomorrow, I will begin to clean my house. See, told you being single was great! ;)

No comments: