I know it has been a while since I updated. Part of that was because I have been very busy, but mostly its because I really haven't had much to write. I don't really have much today either, but I thought I would write a little something.
There is an AIM group in town right now that I am helping lead. They have been to Philly 2 times before, and went on a trip to New Orleans 2 years ago (that I also helped lead). This is a group that I really enjoy and is always a blessing...and so far this year is no different!
They arrived on Saturday and have already been blown away by God. Yesterday they held a cookout on Kensington Ave. and afterwards went on and on about all the incredible things that God has shown them. We were up very late because the students just wouldn't stop talking about the Lord!
I also really enjoy the leadership team every year, and again this year does not disappoint. I stayed up even later having wonderful and fun conversations with the leaders about the Lord, the presidential election, and all of our embarrassing moments. We pretty much solved all the world's problems, prepared ourselves for the return of Christ, and laughed a lot. It was wonderful.
I am really excited about this week with the group. It is going to be incredibly busy as I continue my normal AIM responsibilities, my normal Cornerstone responsibilities, AND add on project leading responsibilities. But, as weired as it sounds, I really need this week. Aside from a more full schedule, this project also brings a lot of fun, a group passionate about the Lord, and corporate worship EVERY NIGHT! Its also a change from the norm and an opportunity for me to be challenged, and blessed in new ways. So, I'm really excited!!
I have also been learning A LOT and challenged A LOT in my relationship with the Lord. Basically, what I am learning is that intimacy is HARD. REALLY HARD. The deeper I go, the harder it gets. It doesn't make sense, but its true. The deeper I go with Him, the more He asks of me and the more He changes me. And, while I can always look back and see His incredible goodness every step of the way...the fear of going deeper is still there.
I will write more about this when I have time...and when I actually have something to write. At this point, the only major realization that I have come to is: Intimacy is hard. Profound, I know. :)
And one final note. I have been joking all weekend that my guy friends are continually giving me reason after reason to not get married. As they fart constantly and talk about things I never need to hear, I start to think that maybe marriage isn't for me. Then, today I read a very interesting article. Here is an excerpt:
"Having a husband creates an extra seven hours of housework each week for women, according to a new study. For men, tying the knot saves an hour of weekly chores."
Considering that the study goes on to say that single women in their 20's and 30's actually do the least amount of housework of all women, while single men do the most housework among men...I'm building quite a case for staying single. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment