Today was an exhausting day. I was up late last night helping celebrate one of the teen's 18th birthday (dinner and a movie) and got up early for staff prayer. From there I spent the early afternoon doing my AIM stuff. As soon as I was finished at 2, I did my daily run and then headed to the church to prepare for a special Kids' Day. That went from 3:30-5 and it was a BLAST!! I had no idea how many kids to expect, but I was hoping for at least 30. Thankfully, we had 42! That's really great when you consider that yesterday I passed out a ton of fliers; none of which had the date on them. Haha, whoops!
So, the Kids Day was really a play day. We sang songs until we were tired, at snack and played on the playground. Not a ton of planning, but very busy and active...and fun!!
I went straight from the Kids Day to Prayer Pals. It was a pretty full night and 2 of my favorite pals that had switched to Sunday night pals came tonight. I was SO excited when they came in and especially had fun hanging out with one of them...who is quickly becoming one of my favorite kids in the world. He is very smart and fun but also a little mischievous, which makes him so much fun!!
My mom's prayer pal came as well and after checking her box announced, "Your mother has not been writing me letters!" (She's 8 years old). It made me laugh so hard that I decided to call my mom and they talked on the phone for about 20 minutes. She made my mom laugh and the conversation seemed to appease the 8 year old...at least for now. :)
I didn't get home until after 8...which makes it an 11 hour day. I also spent different parts of the day fighting the state of Virginia over my 2004 taxes. I think I have it all figured out, I just have to get the paperwork to the right person. However, she doesn't have a direct line, so I have to call her and leave a message and then wait for her to call me back. But, if I can't answer the phone when she calls me, then she leaves me a message. And so on and so on. Its pretty frustrating, and I can't wait to have it all figured out. Bottom line, though, I did NOT live or work in VA in 2004, so I don't owe them a thing.
I'm also still trying to help Bonita and Linda's mom get a house. We found a house that she wants, and we have the rental agreement, but I can't help her fill it out because I don't know Spanish. Unfortunately, the girls' oldest sister, Dayonarra, who usually helps the mom with this stuff had a baby today and isn't really available. So, hopefully she can get everything filled out and turned in before someone else gets the house...and before they have to move out of their current house.
So, overall a good day...but now I am going to bed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment