Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Reality Idea

Okay, I have a new idea for a reality TV show. The basic idea is this...I will give contestants some random materials to work with and a construction problem to solve. Their goal? Complete the task before Frank Hinson. If they do, they win a million dollars. Why a million dollars? Because I don't think its possible to beat Frank. He seriously can do anything! He connected my ice maker today despite me having bought the wrong parts. (I blame the guy at Home Depot who was supposed to be helping me but literally walked away from me mid-sentence to say hi to someone). It took Frank some time, and I have no idea what he actually did...but it works!! I think I could have given him a nail and a straw and he would have made it work. If anyone knows TV people, let me know cause I think this show is a winner!

My morning was not very fun at all today. I got up early and went to truancy court with Bonita and her mom. We had to wait about an hour before Bonita was called in, but it all went pretty well. It turns out that most of Bonita's absences (over 80%) are due to appointments that her mom makes for her (not doctor's appointments, other stuff). So, while they are excused, they are excessive. So, the judge ordered that Bonita is no longer allowed to have ANY appointments during school hours (unless she is really sick and needs a doctor right away). She also has to have a daily report filled out by her teacher and will have to serve 35 hours of community service (it will probably be done at the school). We are supposed to go back in 30 days to see if everything has been completed. As long as she has done the daily reports and the community service and hasn't missed ANY school, she will be fine.

Linda, on the other hand, will probably be in more trouble. Despite Bonita's absences, she still has good grades. Linda does not. In addition, Linda doesn't have nearly as many appointments as Bonita (Bonita is in speech therapy), but she has missed more school...which means her absences are her own fault. Its going to be interesting...

Well, I find myself really tired again from the day. I had a TON of AIM work to do when I got home from court and we had the members' dinner tonight (which was nice, but it was another thing I had to do). So, I think I am going to head to bed. Ahhh...I love my bed.

No comments: