Things are getting very busy for me. AIM work is picking up and Cornerstone clubs are back in full swing. We had 60 kids at Kids Club last night, almost 20 of whom were brand new visitors!!! I really enjoyed Kids Club, although when I am up front I still feel like Bambi trying to walk with his legs very unsteady.
I am discovering that I really don't like doing things half way. Once I jump into something, I'm all in it. I always kinda knew this about myself, but Kids Club has made it glaringly obvious. I originally planned on just trying to come up with lessons and teaching them without passing out or throwing up. Now, I'm all in. I'm not sure what all of this means...especially since I don't know what Carisa's plans are for the future. In addition, I am EXTREMELY busy and its only going to get worse and I don't think I can last at this level for too long...and there is no sign of me being able to quit my part time job anytime soon.
I also have discovered that I HATE not having after-school. I miss the kids so badly, and as lame as it sounds, I feel like something is missing from my life without after-school. It has been my heart and passion for so long, and it didn't end because I lost my passion for it. I am really working toward starting after-school back up next fall, Lord willing. That would definitely not leave me any time for Kids Club...especially if I am still working then. As you can see, there are SO many things up in the air, and my mind races to those things WAY too often. I am trying to take things one day at a time...but as usual that is easier said than done. :)
I don't get to see Bonita and Linda nearly as much as I am used to (which I really don't like!!), but when I do see them they are so much fun! Yesterday at Kids Club Linda triumphantly announced to everyone that she is so excited to be learning to play the trombone. Unfortunately, she doesn't play the trombone, she plays the trumpet. :) They really make me laugh a lot.
My roommate from the summer, Brooke, is here visiting for the week and it has been so great having her around. Shoot, I spend 90% of my day alone in my house, so really its great to have anyone around. :) Today she and I, along with 2 of the teens, went to see another teen play volleyball. Her team won and we all had a blast at the game. One of the teens, T, is a huge answer to prayer. She is AMAZING (that word isn't even good enough to describe her) and I love spending time with her. She is quiet...or at least she used to be. She is opening up a lot. Her mom used to not like our church much, but seems to have changed her mind recently. She even allowed me to take T out of school early so she could go to the volleyball game with me. T and I also spent a lot of time together on the God Squad retreat and she helps me at Kids Club on Tuesday nights. I am so excited about the relationship we are developing!!!
In other good news, my dad gets to keep all of his finger!! He went to the doctor and the reattachment worked and his finger is healing well. Yay!! I also just found out that my friend Catherine might come and visit me with her new baby!!! I have been so excited to meet her son I can hardly stand it and it looks like they might come in December. Catherine and I have been friends since 1st grade and I always love seeing her; I am SO excited!!! Catherine is also Linda's Prayer Pal, so Linda is pretty excited too.
In the midst of my busy schedule I have not made much time for sleep, and even less time for exercise...both of which are things that I LOVE to do (I still manage to get some TV in though, haha. I HIGHLY recommend the new show Pushing Daisies!!). I am going to try and work on that...which means I should probably go now. Good Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment