Today was the biggest outreach of the year for us, and as far as I can tell it was a huge success!! My day started with a trip to the gym where I walked for about 4 miles on the treadmill. I had a lot on my mind and just walked as I processed it. I would have run, but I haven't gotten to the point where I can run without a lot of effort, and if I was having to worry about the effort I was putting out, I wouldn't have been able to think. Make sense? Haha, so I didn't run, I walked...and walked and walked. At least I wasn't sitting on the couch!
After my walk I headed home to get ready for the block party. Originally I was going to pick up Bonita and Linda but they decided they didn't want to go, so I took Pedro and Miguel instead. I worked the whole time at the block party, so I didn't see them much, but they had a good time. We got to the block party early to help set up and then I spent my entire day at the giant inflatable obstacle course. I really loved watching the kids laugh as they tried to maneuver through the obstacle course and didn't even notice the time until almost 6. We had 2 inflatables, pizza, hot dogs, sno cones, popcorn, carnival games, music, a basketball tournament...so much stuff! We even had a raffle for an ipod giveaway!! I didn't get to see much besides the inflatable, but everyone I saw seemed to be smiling, so that's a good sign.
At 6:00 we had a concert where Da Truth, a christian hip hop artist, performed. He was amazing and everyone really enjoyed him, especially the teens!! Pedro, Miguel and I stayed around for a while to help clean up but had to head out around 7:30. Walking 4 miles in the morning and then standing for 5 hours straight just about did me in, so I headed home. Well, first I went to the grocery store because I literally have next to nothing to eat in my house.
The entire time at the block party the gospel was being proclaimed over the speakers as well as in one on one conversations. I'm not really sure how to judge the success of a block party, but I know the truth and love of Christ was spoken and shared, so that has to make it a success!!
So, now I am at my house sitting down and trying to prepare for Kids Club on Tuesday. I am leaving tomorrow morning for the God Squad retreat and won't be back until Monday night...and I have to work on Tuesday so I don't know when I will have time to get my lesson done. As usual, I have no idea what I am going to say or how I am going to say it...but I am at least starting with prayer this time. We'll see how it goes.
Oh, and as for the "Loss of part of a Finger"; when I got home tonight I called my parents to check on the Tech game and my mom informed me that my dad had an accident earlier in which he lost part of his pinkie finger. They managed to reattach it, but there is only 50/50 chance that the reattachment will take. My mom didn't seem overly concerned and I didn't get to talk to my dad, so I guess everything is okay. Things have been difficult for my parents over the last few months...my dad in NC with my mom in VA, not being able to sell the house, and now this. Please pray for them. Its times like this that I feel really guilty living in Philadelphia...
Alright, I'm off to do my laundry and then hopefully get to sleep early. Carisa has been sick for the last few days and I may have to teach Sunday School in the morning. No idea what I will talk about there either, but that's apparently how I work. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment