I started work for AIM on Monday and so far I am loving it! I keep pretty busy throughout the day, but nothing too stressful which is really nice. Actually, this whole week has gone great with AIM! I haven't gotten behind on my work or stressed out. Of course, it is my first week and clubs haven't started back up at Cornerstone yet...but for now its great! :)
Tuesday night I met with Denise and Patsy to talk about Kids Club. I am SO glad we met as they reminded me of about 1000 things that we needed to do that I completely forgot about. I think we have a pretty good handle on things for the fall, but I am starting to freak out a little about teaching the lesson. I still have no idea what I am going to do for this week, and while I still have some time to figure it out, I'm getting a little nervous. I'm sure I'll be fine once I do it (at least I hope I will be, haha) but the anticipation is getting to me. So far no one has really had much encouragement for me. I don't think a single person has told me, "You can do this", they've all just said "You just have to make it through". That's not so encouraging... :) I know it sounds crazy but I kinda get the feeling that people are expecting me to not do well and they are just making themselves okay with it because they don't have a choice. I'm probably making that up in my head, but not having a plan for Kids Club that starts in 5 days doesn't help...
Wednesday was a slightly busier day with a trip to Target to buy my parents' Prayer Pals birthday presents (I got a remote control tarantula for my dad's pal!) and then Prayer Pals at night. I finally got to see Bonita and Linda for the first time since I've been back which was really great. Their phone was cut off so I had to wait for them to call me, which they did on Monday. Their mom was worried because she hadn't seen me in a while...the girls forgot that I was out of town, haha. Anyway, Prayer Pals was a lot of fun and afterwards I went out to dinner with my friend Shera. We planned on going for about an hour or so but stayed our until 10. It was SO great to get to just talk and hang out and not feel pressured to do anything for her. I had a lot of fun! It was actually great to just get to talk to anyone! I work from home during the day, so I don't get a lot of people interaction.
I have also managed to finish my newsletter this week and it will hopefully go in the mail tomorrow (I have the envelopes addressed and stamped, they just need newsletters in them). I also have all my thank you cards written and mailed from the summer and most of my bills paid and finances close to in order (the rest will have to wait until pay day). In all I still feel pretty good about where I am, although my to do list is still much longer than I would like it to be. Its manageable for now, but I am a little nervous once next week get here and I start my schedule of working every day until 2 and then night activities at the church every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I am hoping that not having after school this year will free me up to go to more kids' sporting events and field trips. We'll see if it happens, but I really want it to!!!
That's about it for now! Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to share soon. My cousin is coming to visit this weekend (Friday and Saturday) so that should be fun, and then next weekend I am going to Hershey Park with some friends. I only get 1 day off a week and I am trying to take full advantage of it while I can!! :)
Oh, here is something fun. I was saving all my files to cds earlier (in case my computer were to ever crash or something like that) and I found some pictures of the kids and gizmo from 3 years ago. I can't believe how much they have grown up!!!!
Here is the only current picture I have of the 4 (the kid on the far left is Lindo, Dario's best friend, then Dario, Pedro is boy in the orange shirt, Linda, Luis and then Bonita is in the front)
And here is a picture almost exactly 3 years ago of Bonita, Linda, Dario and Luis:
I get to watch these guys grow up!!! What a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
You're never boring!!!!! :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment