Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fun with my Cousin!

I had such a fun day off today!!! My cousin (I only have two, haha) came to visit for the day and we had a BLAST!! Actually, she got in last night (she lives in NY, so she took the train) and we stayed up for several hours talking. We are very good at talking, we take after our moms. :)

We planned on getting up and being ready to go by about 10, but we both accidentally slept in until about 10:30, whoops. It was probably a good thing, though, we both had pretty busy weeks and needed the sleep. Our original plan for the day was to go to brunch and then see the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute. Unfortunately, I didn't think to get tickets yesterday and they were sold out for the entire day today by the time we called. Its okay though, the tickets were $32 each, and I am okay with not spending that. So, we ended up going to brunch with some of my friends and had a really good time (and ate really good food!). From there we went to Center City to see the movie "Across the Universe". Its an art film that was only playing in one theater, and it was GREAT!! The theater was very cool too...you can get chai and coffee to take into the movie with you!

After the movie I drove her to the train station and she headed back to NY. It was a short trip but we got a lot of good time to talk and we both had a lot of fun. We have a good system of visiting one another every few months which is really fun. I visited her in April, she came to me in Sept. so I guess I need to plan another trip in January...which I am actually already doing (apparently that is when Broadway shows are the cheapest). She and I are only a year apart and pretty much grew up together (our moms are sisters and best friends). My mom, brother and I even lived in her house for a summer. She and I went to Tech together and even had some classes together (we were both business majors, though I was management and she was marketing). We are actually VERY different people (I love sports, she loves theater...my favorite group of all time is Boyz II Men, hers is REM), but we really enjoy one another and its always so refreshing to hang out.

I had hoped to come home and work on Kids Club a bit tonight, but I am still clueless about what to do. I did have a "duh" moment about all of this though, haha. I have been trying not to stress and coming up with all the ways to cover myself if I don't have anything for Tuesday and I realized that I have not taken any time to pray!! How stupid is that?!? I know God has something He wants to say to these kids, and whether He (or I) likes it or not, I am going to be the one to say it...so whatever it is, He needs to tell me! But, He can't tell me if I don't ask Him and then listen!!! So, that's what I am trying to do. He hasn't said anything yet, but I get the feeling He has been waiting for me to ask. :)

I should be at the laundromat right now, but I think I can wait a few more days before I have to re-wear things that I should not be re-wearing (i.e., you will smell me before you see me). So, I am going to watch some TV and then maybe get to bed at a decent hour!

No comments: