Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I might be ready to move...

Okay, not really, but Washington, NC has come the closest to getting me out of Philly. I am in love with that town! (By the way, the picture is of my mom and dad)

I had a pretty good trip to NC, although it did require a lot of driving. I will be very excited (as will my mom and dad) when my parents' house sells in VA and my mom will move permanently to NC. That will hopefully happen before I visit again, sometime around Thanksgiving. Anyway, I really enjoyed my time with my family and I especially enjoyed the town of Washington. My dad's goal is to be the chief there for at least 10 years, so I am very much looking forward to visits home (and of course I love my parents!).

The only downer on the trip was the fact that I was sick the entire time. Well, that at the fact that Tech and the Eagles lost their respective games, but I'm over that. My dad was sick the whole time too, so we all spent most of our time inside resting, sleeping or coughing. We did make some trips out and had so much fun. Check out these pictures, they are of downtown Washington. These were taken literally a short walk (not drive, WALK) from my parents' house.
I mean seriously!! This is the kind of place where I would pay for a vacation!! I didn't get to the beach on this trip, but I will in the spring. You can take a short ferry ride straight from Washington to the Outerbanks for the day. How sweet is that?!?

I had hoped to go for a run along the river, but my illness prevented that. And God, in his wonderful mercy, also sent tropical storm Gabrielle to bring us some rain so I wouldn't feel so bad about being inside, haha.
I am back in Philly now, and feeling much better! I am leaving at 6:15 tomorrow morning to fly to Knoxville, TN for my training with AIM. On Thursday I will drive with my friend Sara to Asheville, NC (I think its about a 5 hour drive??) for AIM's staff conference. I don't really know what to expect but I always enjoy staff conference. It isn't a family focus at all, its really a time to decompress from the previous year and just fellowship with one another and with the Lord. I'm excited! I get back to Philly Saturday night and pretty much hit the ground running with Sunday School and Prayer Pals on Sunday and then I start working for AIM and preparing for the fall kick off at Cornerstone on Monday. The kids have already started school here...its so crazy!! This time last year Bonita and Linda were living with me, isn't that strange? Its amazing what can happen in a year...

No comments: