Monday, March 26, 2007

Talent Show!

I only have a few minutes to write, but I have to share about last night! We had our first (and hopefully not the last) Cornerstone Community Church Talent Show!!! Honestly, when I first heard the idea I didn't think it would go over well, but I was WAY wrong. Everyone had so much fun with many kids, teens and adults contributing their talents. We has songs, dances, skits, raps, and comedy routines. It was SO GREAT!!

The event started with Paxton (one my favorite kids in the world...and definitely my favorite 4/almost 5 year old) and Rachel (Pastor Bill's daughter) singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"...and playing the drums and piano. It was absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen! I was thinking I would only share the highlights, but honestly the whole night was incredible, so here is a quick summary.

After the cutest performance ever we went to Dominique (one of the teens) and his comedy routine. He honestly made us all laugh so hard I was crying! Then Pastor Andy and some of the kids made us laugh (actually laugh because it was really funny!) with a skit about an enlarging machine (that ended with one of our teens, Jared, on stage in a very large diaper...I can't really explain that one).

Then we had one of our adults come and sing "I Can Only Imagine", which was received with a standing ovation. To know where he has been, hearing him sing that song was incredible. From there we had one of our young ladies read a poem that she wrote, some young girls performed a cheer, 2 of our teen guys performed a rap they had written soon after their father died (though half way through they forgot the words and dance off stage :0) ), 3 of our teen girls sang a song, a group of some younger kids sang a song and did sign language, and then 2 of our girls (who are both in after-school) performed a dance routine that they choreographed.

That dance was followed by a worship set with J and another teen, and then performance time ended with a dance performed by my kids!! Bonita, Linda, Pedro and Miguel along with Lindsay, Zach and Dominic (some other kids/teens at church) were the grand finale, and I was SO proud of them!! They worked hard to put the dance together and they did great! Plus, they had tons of fun and were really proud of themselves as well. I, of course, wanted to cry when they were finished as I saw their looks of joy over their accomplishment. (The picture is Pedro in the middle of a back flip, which is how the whole dance started).
Of course, no Cornerstone event is complete without some sort of food giveaway or contest, and this one was no different. The entire evening ended in a pudding eating contest!! We started with kids under 6, then moved to kids 7-10, then 11-12, then teens and ended with adults. In case you are wondering, yes, I did compete, but I did not win. :( Pedro did win for his age group, though, and Miguel came in 2nd in his group. Bonita and Linda both tried, but aren't quite as skilled at eating with no hands. (I forgot to mention that we weren't allowed to use our hands and had to stick our faces in pudding cups!).

In all, it was an awesome night that I don't think any of us will forget any time soon. Praise God for fun and fellowship! (I put the link to all the pictures on here, so feel free to check them out!)


No comments: