I am actually doing it! For the past few weeks I have been getting up around 6:30 every morning and heading to the gym. I have only missed a few days and I usually ended up making up that time by running on my own or something later in the day. I am LOVING it! I still struggle with actually getting up in the morning (mostly because I am having a hard time getting to sleep at a decent hour), but once I am up it feels so great. This morning I even ran to the gym as a warm up before doing my weights. (Okay, so I didn't run the whole way...give me a break, I have to work up to that!). I have stepped up my weights work out (thanks to some friendly competition from my little brother) and I am really loving that. Plus, the getting up early is helping me actually have the time to do all the things I need to in a day. I still don't usually start "working" until around 9 or 10, but I have been able to spend some time on me before I start work, which is so wonderful. (Of course, that still leaves me with 10-12 hour work days Monday-Thursday, so I am also trying to learn to take it a little easier on the weekends...trying to...). I am really praying that I can keep this up! Everyone around me has been getting sick for the past few weeks, and I am praying that I will not get it! Physically I feel great, but any illness can totally throw me off. I remember the last time I was doing this well I got malaria and it took me months to get back on track. I don't want that to happen again!
After-school is going well again this week. I have another group helping out this week, so I spend most of my time wandering around and really not doing much. I am loving the fact that the kids are getting so much attention and love, but I have to admit that I am a bit jealous that I don't get to spend as much time with them. I NEVER thought I would say this, but I am missing it being just me and the kids! :) I will regret that statement next week when everything returns to normal, haha. Seeing the way things have been going the last 2 weeks has given me a lot of ideas for next year, which I am really excited about. I am determined now more than ever to really seek God's will and ONLY His plan. So, I am spending a lot of time in prayer about next year and I am really excited to see what plans He has. I am asking Him to be the creative God that He is and to take me along with Him. The success of the After-School Challenge and the Mystery Suspect at Kids Club has inspired me to really seek new ideas and to try them out. I don't know what that all means for next year, but I will keep you updated!
While so many things are going so well, I am still finding myself struggling a bit. I am lonely. As much as I try to get over it, fill my time with whatever I can so I don't have to face it...it can't be avoided. I am lonely. I have incredible friends here in Philadelphia, but I don't get much time to spend with them. I don't get much opportunity to just hang out and laugh with my friends, do fun things or even talk about the Lord with them. I am usually either doing ministry or at home alone. I find joy in my ministry and in my time at home, but I really like my friends. Hopefully God will open up some doors and some time for me to really get to just laugh with people that I care about, and that care about me...people over the age of 17. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment