Friday, March 21, 2008

Teen Sleepover!!

For years in our teen ministry (at least since my involvement with the teens) there has been an awesome community among the guys and little to none among the girls. I have been praying for years that we would see the growth among the girls that we have been seeing in the guys.

Well, recently God has been answering that prayer in a big way!! Many of our teen girls are seeking God with all their hearts and growing incredibly. And as they grow individually, they are growing as a community of sisters as well. Its so wonderful!

On Tuesday night after Kids Club I had a sleepover with several of the girls at church (they are on Spring Break), and we had SO MUCH FUN!! The girls stayed up pretty much all night laughing, talking and doing each others' hair.


I expected them to want to go home pretty early the next day, but none of them wanted to. So, we got up (most of us pretty late since we stayed up so late) and went to lunch together. After lunch I had work to do (this was the one day that my AIM computer actually worked) but the girls still wanted to stay, so they hung out in my living room talking and laughing while I worked. It was great!!! The girls range in age from 13-18, yet they all got along and had fun together.

That night we headed to Jen's parents' house for a barbecue and to talk with a missionary from Kenya. We had a really great time there as well and left really encouraged.

I didn't drop the last girl off until midnight, meaning that we had all spent over 24 hours straight together. The crazy part is, they all want to do it again as soon as possible!! :)

No comments: