This is going to be a pretty short blog post, I have to clean my room, haha. Seriously, I do. I am rearranging it with some new furniture tomorrow, so tonight I must clean! I'm slowly but surely getting ready to have a roommate in May! I have lived by myself for over 2 years, so I need to make some room for someone else, finally.
Today I found myself really missing my family. Its always been a bit weird for me to live in Philly, so far away from my parents and my brother. I'm not hugely dependant on my family and have always been very independent. When I turned 18, I left home, went to college and really never turned back. I went on mission trips every spring break and while I did live at home every summer, it was really only to save money as I worked 3 jobs to pay for school. Still, I really like my family, enjoy being around them and I miss them when I don't get to see them. While I have no desire to move to be closer to them, I would have no problem with them moving closer to me. :)
Last semester (because I work with kids and teens I still go by the school year instead of the calendar year) I saw my parents every month. September is my usual trip home, I made a surprise trip to see my family in October, I was home for Thanksgiving in November and then Christmas in December. I haven't seen them since then. I know that isn't a lot of time (I have gone much longer without seeing them), but I still miss them. And actually, this year my brother and I didn't get to see each other at Christmas, so its been even longer since I have seen him. Did I mention that I miss them?!?
Hopefully I went get to NC to see them sometime in May...and I know they are trying to make a trip here sometime as well. In the meantime I will be missing them...of course, I can call them...
No comments:
Post a Comment