My computer issues have become a ridiculous comedy of errors that I can't help but laugh at. AIM sent me a computer to use and for a day it worked great. Then, suddenly the computer stopped receiving power from the power chord. I didn't realize it until I had about half the battery left. At first I thought it was the power chord, so I went to Best Buy to get a universal chord. When I got home, it didn't work. So, I went back to get a different one and it didn't work either. So, the problem is in the computer. You're thinking the exact same thing I was...seriously?!?
So, now I am borrowing my friend Jen's computer (she's going to be my roommate soon!) until I can take my AIM computer to get looked at. The computer works fine, it just can't get an power. I don't know anything about computers, but I'm hoping that's fixable.
I'm not really stressed about all of this, its all just too ridiculous to get me upset. The only really difficult part is that my work (both AIM and Cornerstone) keeps getting more and more backed up. I will have Jen's computer for the weekend though, so I am hoping to work really hard to catch up.
Since I haven't been able to do my AIM work I have actually felt less stressed and overwhelmed in some ways (although in the back of my head I know I have a ton of work to catch up on). It has really opened my eyes to how much more time I would have for things if I didn't have to work a part-time job in addition to my work at the church. So, if nothing else this time has strengthened my resolve to pray and work more on support raising (which, ironically, I really need a computer for). I really really really hope to get my newsletter finished and printed this weekend!!!
I have a few more updates that I want to write because a lot has been going on that I haven't had the chance to share!!
No comments:
Post a Comment