
As I write this there is a very intense game of Hide and Seek going on...the older girls (Bonita and Monique) verses the younger girls (Eliza and Tasha). The younger girls are winning by a landslide. :)


Linda is at her dad's house and Mercedes was out with her family, so they missed out on the fun. This is the first time Eliza (she is Pastor Joe's daughter) has spent the night, and its been so much fun!!
We started the evening making our own pizzas. I got the kind with wheat crust, so Tasha and I were the only ones that really enjoyed the food. :)



I then made them watch 3 separate Christmas movies and pick which one I should show at the Kids Club Christmas party. I chose "The Crippled Lamb", but the girls unanimously selected "The Birth of Jesus", so that's what we are going to go with.

After dinner and the movies they went to the basement and played and danced for a long time. I have been hearing giggles for hours. The only problem we have had has been a little struggle with Bonita. She spent all day with her Prayer Pal, where she was the center of attention and the whole focus was on her (her Prayer Pal even bought her all her Christmas presents...and then Bonita wrapped them herself, haha). Once arriving at my house, she struggled with sharing and the fact that things were no longer all about her. She threw a small temper tantrum at one point, but we had a little talk and she seems to be doing much better. Tonight was the first time I have ever seen her or Linda become possessive about "their" room. I squashed that pretty fast, making it very clear that it is MY room. She has a right to privacy and to be respected, but she has no rights over the room. She responded well to our talk, which made me very proud of her.
Our evening started out very interesting actually. I picked up the girls (except Eliza, she came over later) and as I was driving back to my house there were tons of people and cars lining the street to my house...and even blocking my street so I couldn't drive down it. It actually made me very nervous as it looked like a fight was about to start...and you never know how far those will go. Turns out, however, that the people were there for a candlelight vigil. Apparently someone recently passed away on that block...I don't really know any details though. No one else on my block did either. The girls and I were just so relieved that it was a peaceful gathering, we aren't used to those!
No comments:
Post a Comment