I arrived on Christmas eve, getting home around 5:00. My mom started to get dinner ready when we all decided to go ahead and do presents then. There are only 3 of us, so it didn't take long. :) (My brother, unfortunately, had to work Christmas eve, so he was in NC for the weekend, but left the day before I came. I saw him just a few weeks ago, though, and hopefully he will be coming to Philly sometime soon!). Anyway, we had a lot of fun opening gifts and all 3 of us got exactly what we wanted!! I got a new Microwave for my kitchen (one that hangs above the stove!) and some real pots and pans! (The ones I am currently using are older than me and just a random compilation of old things other people weren't using). Now all I need is a new refrigerator and a ceiling, and my kitchen will be FINISHED! I am in no hurry for either, I love my kitchen, even unfinished. Still, its exciting to move closer to a finished product! :)
My mom got a travel bag, which will hopefully motivate her to actually come to Philly. :) My dad got some new clothes and slippers, and was very excited. My brother also got me a gift card for Amazon.com...which I can't wait to spend!!! (My wish list on the right may be changing soon!). In all, it was a really good Christmas. Oh, I almost forgot! My favorite gift...
Its Boyz II Men's newest cd! It just came out!! I am so excited! I grew up listening to Motown ALL THE TIME (thanks to my mom), and I obviously love Boyz II Men, so this is just about the greatest cd ever for me. I love it!!!Since we opened presents on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day was pretty low key for us. We watched some movies, at some leftovers, and just hung out. It was really nice.
Today is just as low key. My dad is at work, my mom is resting and I am getting my AIM stuff done. I am going to go for a run by the water later, even if it is raining. I have been looking forward to running along the river for months, so I will not let the rain stop me! My dad will even let me go out at night here. :) Oh, and there is a sushi restaurant here, so I am going to hit that up later as well!!! I really love this town!
Tomorrow my mom and I are going to hit a few after Christmas sales, but we really don't have any plans other than that. I'm still working for AIM in the mornings, but just chillin' in the afternoons/evenings. I am heading back to Philly on Saturday, and I think that may come way too soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment