That's what happens when I'm on a break! :) I have in fact seen 3 movies (all in the theater) over the last 4 days. Tuesday night I saw "I Am Legend" (LOVED it!!). A friend actually paid for several of us to see the movie and we all had a lot of fun. It is somewhat of a scary movie, which none of us realized going into it, so I've had more lights on than usual the past few days. :)
Yesterday Joy and I decided to see the movie "Juno" (also LOVED it, but its definitely an indie film that's not for everyone). Its only playing in one theater in Philly, and that theater happens to me in Center City. We rarely venture into Center City, so we decided to make it a fun afternoon. We at lunch at Cosi (one of my favorite restaurants), saw the movie (at matinee pricing...only $5!) and then walked around the city visiting different shops. I even got some of my last minute Christmas shopping finished! We had a blast!!! In fact, we had dinner plans with a friend at PBU (Philadelphia Biblical University) at 7, and barely made it! We actually had Joy's brother (Jared) pick us up at the El stop so we wouldn't be too late...we had lost track of time we were having so much fun!
Then today I saw the movie; "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" (again, for only $5! I love matinees!). Normally this is not a movie I would pay to see in the theater, but I owed some kids in after-school a movie, and they really wanted to see it. So, Joy and I took her sister Eliza (the one I owed the movie) and her brother Zach as well as Lindsay (a last minute replacement for Joy's brother Joey who decided not to come) and met up with Pastor Andy and his wife Shannon and their 2 kids, Matt and Sarah. There weren't many people in the theater and we all loved the movie...so it was again a blast for us! The best part was that all the adults that went actually love history, and all the kids had just learned about a lot of the stuff in the movie, so that made it even more exciting. It was a great movie for us (though I am not the biggest Nicholas Cage fan...).
Oh, and I got even more excited during the previews! The new Narnia movie is coming out in May and I'm already planning on taking the kids. Pixar has a new animated movie coming out that looks really cute, and actually appropriate for kids! And, they have made the Dr. Seuss book, "Horton Hears a Who" (an all time favorite of mine), into a movie that will be coming out in the spring as well. (I owe Paxton a movie too, and I think that might be a good one for us!). Finally, there is another Will Smith movie coming out around my birthday! In this one he is a superhero that isn't very good and the people don't really like him. It looks really funny...and continues the trend of great Will Smith movies being released for my birthday. Independence Day, Men in Black, Men in Black 2, Bad Boys 2, Wild Wild West (which wasn't actually very good) and I Robot have all come out on or very near my birthday. That's 6 of the last 11 years!! Will rarely forgets my birthday. :) In case you couldn't tell, I really like movies!
The rest of today has been spent with me doing next to nothing. I'm pretty tired from the week and I have a lot to do tomorrow and Sunday to prepare for my leaving on Monday (including more Christmas shopping!), so I decided to just relax today. I also think I might have some sort of inner ear infection or something. I started feeling a little motion sickness on the El yesterday, and Jared's driving on the way to and from PBU did not help. I chalked it up to just motion sickness, but I have been feeling waves of it today, and I haven't been moving. Its kinda weird...I don't really mind though, it gave me an excuse to lay down a lot. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment