There are SO many reasons for the title of this blog. :) I will go through some of them, haha.
I got back to Philly on Tuesday around 2:30. Denise, my Kids Club co-leader called me around 10 (while we were on the road) to tell me that she had been called into work and wasn't going to be able to do the lesson for Kids Club that night. Not a problem, we have several movies we can show, and I have no problem doing that. However, I suddenly had the idea of playing a game to review things from the last semester with the kids. So, I spent a good part of the rest of the ride preparing the game...which included needing a wheel (kinda like wheel of fortune). Thankfully, we had one at the church that just needed some modifications!! But, the prep for Kids Club took me from the time I got home until right as Kids Club started. The game went well and everyone seemed to have a lot of fun, and it was a really good review for the kids. In fact, I think I will do it again at the end of next semester. Still...the movie would have been much easier. :)
When I finally got home on Tuesday night I checked my email to discover that I was WAY behind on my AIM work (like 57 emails and many phone calls behind). Now, because of my personality, waiting until Wednesday to do my work would have been very difficult. So, I proceeded to respond to all the emails I could and saved only the phone calls until Wednesday. That took me until about 7 a.m. I got completely caught up though!!! I took a quick nap and then headed to staff prayer at 9.
Thankfully, because I got caught on Tuesday night, I didn't have to work extra on Wednesday and when my AIM hours were over a 2 p.m., I immediately took a 3 hour nap. That had me rested and ready to go for Prayer Pals. I also pretty much went straight to bed after Prayer Pals, so now I am caught up on my work and my sleep!!
I know the staying up until 7 wasn't the best idea I have ever had...which means it continues with my theme of losing my mind. :)
I am really glad that I got caught up though because the rest of this week and on through about the middle of December will be extremely busy. Here is the quick run down:
Doctor's appt. tmw
Grocery shopping and house cleaning this weekend
Next week will be a "normal" week (which is still pretty busy).
Next Friday is the Cornerstone Adult Christmas Party
The following Monday is the Kids Club Christmas Party (which I will be planning for most of next week).
*** Something to pray for with that...the church that usually donates the presents for the party is talking about giving us gift cards to shop with...they will have the gift cards to us on Dec. 10th. The Christmas party is Dec. 10th. PRAY THEY SEND US MONEY INSTEAD!! Either way, we have to shop for about 200 Christmas gifts OURSELVES this year!! (Hopefully we don't have to do it the day of the party!)
Tuesday is the Pre-Teen Christmas Party (which I normally don't attend, but this year 5 of the kids that I drive to kids club are all in pre-teens! So, I will be going this year).
Wednesday is "normal"
Thursday is the Teen Club Christmas party.
My friend Catherine comes to visit on Friday. We will be driving to see her family in CT on Sunday, coming back on Monday.
That Wednesday is the Prayer Pals Christmas party (which also requires planning and probably shopping).
That should be the end of the chaos. I will head home to visit my parents in the 23rd or 24th, coming back to Philly on the 27th or 28th, depending on ticket prices.
Somewhere in there I also have to fit in a movie date with Paxton, a skating date with several kids, a shopping trip with Miguel and Bonita, a separate one with Tasha as well as my own Christmas shopping. Oh, and I am trying to keep going to the gym regularly and I work 9-2 everyday. Whew!!
I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining, cause I'm not. This is always a busy time of year, so I am prepared for it. We don't start clubs back up until the end of January, so I will get some good rest time as well as prep time in there.
Still, the next few weeks are going to be interesting...especially if my mind stays gone. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment