We had 93 kids at Kids' Club tonight! That is the biggest group that we have had since I've been here!! It was insane!!! Actually, the kids were pretty well behaved, the leaders were the ones with the problems, haha. We had several leaders come late, a few not show up and some fun computer things to work out. At one point Frank told me to stall so I resorted to counting kids and getting them excited about how many people we had there, haha. They were VERY into it and we now have an unofficial competition going on to see which age group will be the biggest (the 10 year olds always win hands down, but that doesn't seem to faze the younger ones). So, despite the technical difficulties, we had a GREAT night!!! I am hoping we can break 100 next week!!! I'm finding myself really enjoying Kids Club, even the upfront part. I had the fleeting thought today that I would be willing to take Kids Club over...but there is no way I could do that as long as I have a part time job. And some recent events have made the need for that part time job even greater. In fact, I'm trying to figure out how I can swing working more hours for AIM while not completely burning out. :) We'll just have to see what God's plan is!!
Another exciting thing for me tonight was Meredith (her name has been changed here). She is a friend of Bonita and Linda's that came to church with us on Sunday because she spent the night with them on Saturday. She is 11 so she came to our Sunday School class and LOVED it! She also really loved church and went to lunch with us after church. She was sweet and fun and I really enjoyed having her around. And tonight, she came to Kids Club!!! She has already asked me about Prayer Pals and wants to come to church every Sunday. She also attends a kids church program at another church on Wednesday nights that she has actually been taking Linda to. I really hope she sticks around, she could even be in Gods Girls this summer!! Its so fun to see Linda and Bonita reach out to their friends...and SO comforting to see that the have chosen a really good friend. Meredith is a beautiful girl that I am very excited to get to know!!
Tonight and tomorrow I am kicking the cleaning into high gear. I really want my house CLEAN!! I seem to still be a little messed up in the head trying to balance everything, haha. Not sure what's going on, but hopefully I will get my act together soon...Lord only knows what I will forget next! (Hopefully its not a kid!)
No comments:
Post a Comment