I am so excited I can barely stand it! I get to go home tonight!! It turns out that the Hinsons have room in their van for me AND the route they take home just happens to pass about 20 minutes from my parents house. They don't even have to drive out of their way to take me because my mom can pick me up along their route, YAY!!! Plus, I haven't gotten to spend much time with the Hinsons over the last few months and I think a 6ish hour car ride should help make up for that. :) I had hoped to be back on Monday so I wouldn't miss God Squad, but the Hinsons aren't coming back until Tuesday. It still works out great though, I can do my AIM work from my parents house on Monday...and probably get my Tuesday stuff done since I won't be going to God Squad that night. I HATE missing God Squad, but I think this will be the first one in 3 years...so I think they will survive. Plus, I get to spend more time with my family!!! Oh, and I don't have to drive for 7 hours by myself!!!! I thought about flying back on Monday, but the cheapest flight was $140, and it would require my mom to drive me an hour and a half to the Raleigh airport...and then an hour and a half home. That verses a free ride back to Philly with people I REALLY enjoy being around....in the end it was a pretty easy decision. :)
I don't think we have any grand Thanksgiving plans. My family is small with no kids, so Thanksgiving is pretty low key; which I really like. Of course, there is the annual Virginia vs. Virginia Tech game, which will be so great to watch. I can't remember the last time I didn't watch that game with my family. In fact, I think this will be 27 years in a row that I have watched that game, either live or on TV, with my family. How cool is that?!?
Of course, this sudden change of plans means that my house won't be quite as clean as I want it to be before I leave. Actually, its pretty clean, just not perfect. :) I spent all day today running my last minute errands and got everything finished! I got a tire fixed on my car, copies of my house key made (because people keep taking them home with them...Brooke and Rich!), toiletry shopping, picked up the free turkey I earned at Pathmark (that will go to Bonita and Linda for Thanksgiving), and got my blood pressure checked (I continue to defy traditional medicine as I am considered obese yet have none of the complications that are supposed to be associated with my weight...my blood pressure, and everything else, is as healthy as I could possibly be!). Now I have to pack in a hurry and then get ready for Kids Club. I am praying for over 100 kids tonight! Its raining outside, which typically means smaller numbers, so it will be an even bigger deal if we get over 100!
I should be able to update while I am at home, although my parents still have dial up Internet (stone age!, hehe). My friend Joy is taking care of Gizmo while I'm away. She's great because she doesn't just feed him, she spends time with him...which he needs. He freaks out if he's alone for too long. In fact, when I came home he was downstairs on the couch. Now that I am upstairs in my "office", he is sleeping on the bed right next to my desk. He LOVED all the chaos of the weekend because there were always people around to pet him and talk to him (yes, he is a great listener). Oh how weird my cat is! :)
Alright, I'm off for now. Virginia here I come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment