This week we had even more fun! We split the kids into 3 groups. Each group read a story and then made puppets of the characters. Once all the groups finished they each performed their puppet show story for the group. It was AWESOME!! The teens each took charge of a group and led the puppet making and story telling. They were great. They especially loved it when I referred to the groups as their "class". The kids did an amazing job at creating the puppets and the performances were wonderful. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! It worked out really well too because it rained on Wednesday, so we couldn't send them on the playground like usual. The puppets took up a good amount of time, so the kids were never bored.

Next week is the last week of Reading Rocks, and I am going to be so sad when its finished. I went over to Shannon's house today to see all the book bags and school supplies that we have, and this will definitely be the best year yet for the party! Pedro came today and earned 30 points, the minimum necessary to get invited to the party. Its actually a huge step for Pedro to even want to come...and the last 2 years he has earned barely 30 points over the entire summer, so 30 points in a day is awesome! Yay Pedro! Bonita is tied for first with 373 points. Unfortunately, she will be at camp all next week and won't be able to earn points. She really wanted to be first this year, but is okay with trying again next year. She worked so hard and I am SO proud of her!!
Today we also did some more Extreme Team stuff with the teens. Today was our Track and Field day. We spent the morning running, jumping, playing ultimate frisbee and then throwing water balloons. It was a really fun and I am so excited about all the teens that have been participating in the Extreme Team this summer. Most of the will be participating in the leadership camp next week, which should be amazing.
Speaking of next week, its almost here and I am TERRIFIED. Running 2 groups doing 2 completely different things, staying in 2 different buildings...there is just so much room for failure here. Its kind of a Catch-22 for me...if next week goes well I will know it is because of the incredible help I had (thank you again Hinson family and Brooke!), but if next week is a failure, I will take all the blame on myself. It is so easy for me to get caught up in logistics and especially what is expected of me and forget the God that is the center of all of this. Please pray for me throughout this week...I am already struggling with thinking that I have to do everything rather than simply trusting in Him. I am really struggling with people pleasing...I feel like (and this is probably all in my head) there is a lot expected of me in a million different areas and I don't want to fail anyone. I just need to remember what all of this is about...cause its definitely not me! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment