Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Change of Plans with a Heavy Heart

The girls are not going to be moving in with me, and I'm very sad about it...although I can't really say that I'm surprised (unfortunately). They were supposed to move in last night but Linda didn't want to go to church, so they decided to wait until tonight. Then tonight I informed Linda that when she moves in I would be taking her cell phone at night (so she can't stay up all night and text her friends) and giving it back to her in the morning. That apparently was a deal breaker for her and she decided that she doesn't want to live with me. I'm not sure what she thought living with me would be like...

I tried to talk to her about it, and I explained that I was simply trying to make sure she got a good night's sleep, but she wants her phone. So, she won't be living with me. Bonita was totally fine with the rule and is now very angry with Linda. Bonita wants to live with me, but not alone (it would be VERY boring for her without Linda), so Linda's choice made Bonita's as well.

I did get the chance to have a really great conversation with Bonita after talking with Linda (Bonita and I were at Prayer Pals; I talked to Linda on the phone). A friend was borrowing my car so I decided to walk Bonita home (it was a really nice night!). While we walked we talked about the things that are going on in their family (and it is A LOT!), and how she can look to God in the midst of it. We talked about the Prodigal Son and how we can pray that Linda will come back to the Lord...and soon. My heart is so heavy right now...

But she knows that my house is always open.

I talked to their mom a little tonight as well, as she was very supportive of the idea of the girls moving in. She said that Linda is getting in trouble at school and home and really isn't listening to anyone. I tried to tell her that she still has the power...the cell phone is in her name, she can cut it off...but I don't know that she will do anything. She doesn't want her kids to be mad at her, so she is rarely willing to make the really tough decisions. I can't blame her, its not a fun place to be.

So, I'm at home alone now asking God what's next. I would put my feelings into words right now, but honestly I have way more questions than anything. And a lot of lies are floating around in my head, but I refuse to acknowledge them.

So, that was today. The icing on the cake of a pretty long and busy weekend. Some other good things are happening though...

My roommate moved out last weekend and it does really feel good to be living alone again. I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed coming home each night this week and just relaxing. I cleaned the house, which took a long time (and is still somewhat in progress...and caused an injury as Jen's metal bed collapsed on my thumb!), and I feel so much more like myself now. My house is peaceful and clean, for the first time in almost a year!

I also hosted my first (and hopefully last!) baby shower this weekend. I will try and post pictures soon, we (Shera, Bonita, Lindsay and Melissa helped a lot!) worked really hard to make it a good one! (This was the MAIN shower...the one where all the family is invited. Almost 40 people came. Whew!).

Now I have to prepare for an AIM team coming in next week (that I am VERY nervous about!). Once I get through that, I think I will be pretty good, nothing huge to prepare for other than the Broad Street Run. I can't wait until next weekend!!

Oh, and I need to get my newsletter out some time this week...

No comments: