Bonita and Linda were invited as well as J, another preteen who is about to be a teen. It was really exciting to see the older girls mixing with the younger ones.
Jen and I left around 3 a.m. to go home and take care of the kittens. Unfortunately, the news after we left was not good. Apparently Linda and Bonita were acting up quite a bit and really frustrating the other girls (Chris was asleep and unaware of what was going on). It made me very sad to hear this, but I wasn't completely shocked. Bonita and Linda face such a battle (and they aren't the only ones). They know how to act, but whenever I am not around they don't always think to act right...cause at home they get away with a lot more...and are influenced by very different things.
The encouraging thing was what the teen who told me about Linda said. She was telling me how the girls were acting and she said, "I don't think they knew that we don't act different outside of church". How encouraging!!! I talked to several of the older girls after the sleepover and they all said it really showed them that they need to be focused on being role models and examples for the younger girls, as well as spend time with them and mentor them. So, while I was disappointed in how the girls acted, I'm excited that other teens are stepping up!!
Okay, and finally....the surprise you have been waiting for...
Thank you Jesus!
3 comments:
What a beautiful answer to prayer!
YES!!! Glad you got the van, that is so exciting and such an answered prayer!
Horray for a van! I can't think of anyone more deserving or in need of such a gift! :)
Post a Comment