Thursday, May 15, 2008

Not so much a break...yet...

This week is the first week of our 3 week break from clubs before the summer starts, but it hasn't really felt like a break, yet. A big reason for that is the kittens. They are all doing SO well, growing fast and becoming very rambunctious. Their eyes have healed well, and they are all eating a ton. Still, they are a lot of work. Two of them are still being bottle fed, and they are all very quick and mischievous and need to be watched all the time. Tomorrow is Jen's last day at work (before she comes on full time staff at Cornerstone), so until then I am the one responsible for feeding, playing with and giving medicine to the kittens all day. Its actually a lot of fun, but kinda hard to balance with also getting my AIM work done. (I know those of you with kids are laughing at me right now...I just want to remind you that I am not talking about children, so the work doesn't have quite the same rewards as motherhood...although these kittens are really cute!) :)

In addition to taking care of the kittens, many other things have come up throughout the week. I have ended up staying up way too late every night, which throws off my day. I can't even remember why I was up late on Monday and Tuesday, but I was. Last night we had our girls prayer group (which went well) and then a group of us went to Applebee's after to say good-bye to Joy before she headed out this morning for a month in Thailand. It was almost 2 a.m. before I got to sleep!

The next few days show no signs of slowing down. Today is one of the teen's birthday so we are heading to Taco Bell to celebrate tonight. After that I will be up for a while creating a slide show for another teen's surprise birthday party on Saturday. Tomorrow I am babysitting the Hinson kids all day (which I am SO excited about! Paxton is going to help me with the kittens), as well as having L spend the night (the surprise party is for her, and her mom needs to set up for the party, so I am the distraction. She's coming to help me "take care of the kittens", hehe).

Saturday is L's surprise party, but it is also Bonita's actual birthday. So, we are taking Bonita out to lunch to celebrate. From there we will head to the church where L will think we are getting Bonita's present but really we will be going to L's party. I hope the girls and I can keep the secret, I can't wait to see L's face! Bonita and Linda are in on the whole thing, and we are having a lot of fun with it.

My house is destroyed, thanks to a busy schedule and mischievous kittens, so I am hoping to spend Sunday afternoon cleaning it up. I hate living in a disaster. I am heading home to visit my parents on Wednesday and staying until the following Tuesday. I plan on getting plenty of rest there, as well as hopefully getting a lot planned for Kids Club this summer. I feel like I have a ton of planning to do (leading 2 AIM trips this summer, as well as 2 groups at Cornerstone plus the teen mission trip..and my week long vacation with the kids that come in a little over a month!, so I want to get as much done ahead of time as possible).

Still, I believe that God is showing me that rest is just as important as planning and I am really trying to take that to heart...and I know the stress-free environment of my parents' house will help with that. I am hoping to spend some time with my mom looking at houses for her and my dad.

Oh, and I have another exciting piece of news to share, but I have to run for now, so I will keep you in suspense for a few hours. Stay tuned! :)

No comments: