Monday, August 20, 2007

Off to VA!!

Well, last night's mission trip meeting went MUCH better than last week's, so we are going on the mission trip!! Actually, there was never really any danger of it being cancelled, that was all just dreaming on my part, haha. After last night, though, I am actually excited to be going!!

Yesterday was an insane day. I went to Sunday School and then church, dropped the kids off at home, went shopping for VBS, immediately picked the girls back up and headed to T's birthday party. T just turned 13 and she is one of my favorite God's Girls of all time (besides Bonita and Linda of course, haha). I am SO excited that she is a teen now and will be coming to God Squad and all the fun stuff we do with teens. Her party was actually really fun and all the people she invited were God's Girls! I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said a day hanging out with me, so we're going out for a fun day (doing what? I have no idea!) when I get back from the mission trip and staff retreat.

So, after the birthday party I headed immediately to a leaders' meeting for the mission trip and then our final group meeting (dropping the girls off in the in between, whew!). The meeting started rocky, but only for me because I am a control freak that overreacts to small upsets. Thankfully, God checked my attitude quickly and I was able to enjoy the rest of the meeting. The teens were on task, very prepared and excited for the trip and almost all 18 of them prayed out loud at our closing prayer. I really think this is going to be an amazing trip!!!

We only have 4 teen girls going and I am really excited to pour into them. We have already talked about all the younger girls that will be teens this time next year and we are praying that God will prepare them to step up as leaders and mentors over the younger girls. I'm excited to see God move in these young women this week!

Okay, I need to go to my final packing. I have, unfortunately, left my house much messier than I had planned but I'm trying to make myself okay with it. :) I can clean when I get back...

No comments: