Its almost midnight and I am wide awake listening to my neighbors excruciatingly loud music (they have 3 small children, not sure how they are sleeping) and their dog bark and whine in the backyard. Ugh.
I just got back from a few days visiting my parents in VA and NC and this is one of the few times that I'm actually not that excited to be back in Philly. Last Monday we had a meeting for the upcoming teen mission trip and it was less than encouraging. In fact, it involved a lot of complaining from the teens and I left feeling very discouraged. On Tuesday I headed to VA to visit my mom, which turned out to be a very relaxing time. On Thursday morning my mom and I headed to NC to see my dad. (In case you didn't know, my dad is the new chief of police in Washington, NC. He has been there since July 1, but my mom has stayed in VA to try and sell the house there. My mom will be moving to NC with my dad in a few weeks, thank goodness!!). I completely fell in love with Washington and I am so excited about going back there to visit, its so beautiful and relaxing!!! Its a pretty small town right on a river and only 45 minutes from the ocean. I can take night walks along the river and not be afraid!!!
My time in VA and NC was so nice and relaxing and I wanted more of it!! I got back to Philly last night but didn't tell anyone and enjoyed a day alone here in Philly. It was a BEAUTIFUL day here, which almost made me forget where I live. Almost being the operative word there...my phone rang off the hook with people calling me needing one thing or another and only one asking how I was doing.
We leave for the mission trip on Monday and I have a lot to do to get ready, and not a lot of time. I should have spent today getting things done, but I chose to rest, sleep and read. I don't regret that, but I might feel differently tomorrow. :) Tomorrow will be a pretty full day with Sunday School, church, a birthday party, shopping for everything I need for the mission trip and then our final mission team meeting. I am really hoping tomorrow night goes better than last week. If it doesn't we might just cancel the trip. I don't think I would be opposed to that...
Bonita and Linda continue to be a beautiful light for me. I just can't believe how wonderful they are! I come back from the mission trip next Sunday and then leave on Monday for the Cornerstone staff retreat. Its usually a really good time, but it is designed to be a family retreat, which is not very fun for me since I don't have a family. Last year I asked if it would be okay for me to bring Linda and Bonita with me this year. Everyone agreed that it would be fine and I am SO excited to have them along. I almost NEVER get to hang out with just the two of them, and this is my chance!!! We are all very excited!! Plus, it looks like the girls might help babysit some of the staff kids while we are in meetings. I am just so impressed that at 11 and 12 they have shown enough maturity for them to not only be allowed to come along even though they aren't my actual children, but that they are trusted as babysitters. Incidentally, they are both wonderful with kids. I am still so impressed with how wonderful Bonita was at God's Girls, she really seems to "get it".
Awww, the music stopped for a little while, but it just started again. Oh well, I think I will be able to sleep through it. Anyway, I have a pretty busy few weeks coming up. I will be in Philly for about a week after returning from staff retreat on August 29th and the only things on my agenda are back to school shopping with the kids and cleaning my house. I do have some preparing to do for Kids Club and other things, but nothing hugely pressing, although I doubt I will ever find myself bored. On Sept. 6th I am heading back to NC to relax with my parents until the 11th. I am driving back to Philly on the 11th only to fly out again on the 12th for AIM's staff conference. (Ironically, the staff conference is in NC, but its the other side of the state and all of the flights included layovers in Philadelphia! So, to save money I'm driving back here and then just flying from here). I will be back on Sept. 15th and will start working part time for AIM as well as full time for Cornerstone on the 17th. I wonder what it will be like to pay all my bills on time... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment