This weekend was really good, although it went by so fast! I left for Virginia Saturday afternoon and arrived around midnight. I stayed with the Sipher's, my second family. They are the family that first took me to church, and picked me up EVERY Sunday until I could drive myself. They are the reason that I am even a Christian, much less a missionary! I didn't get much time to talk when I first arrived, I was exhausted and went straight to sleep.
The next morning I got up and went to church. It was a great day to be at church! We had several families leaving for different places (Sudan, Congo and the Philippines) and one family just returning from China. It was missions Sunday, and we didn't even plan it! It really made me feel like a part of the community at the church and was such a blessing. I got the chance to share a little bit about what God is doing in Philly and everyone was so encouraging and excited. It was great!
After church I decided to try and surprise my grandmother. I haven't visited her in a while, and she was very surprised and happy to see me. We had a GREAT visit and I hope I can get back there again soon. Its hard since my parents don't live there anymore...
I ended the day with dinner at the Sipher's house with another friend Daniel. I really enjoyed being there and actually felt very refreshed when I left, despite the shortness of the visit. On my way back to Philly I stopped by another friend's house to talk through their trip to Philly this summer and didn't end up getting on the road until after 9. That put me back in Philly at 4 a.m.!!!! I went straight to bed and slept in until noon. It felt great. :)
This week is going to be a full week, but not nearly as busy as last week. I can get a lot of work done at home, which I really enjoy. Of course, my house is pretty messy because of the chaos of last week, so I think I need to take care of that first. I'll probably start on that tomorrow... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment