I can't believe it, but it is true...I was picked to serve as a juror on a case. I actually never thought I would be selected because my dad is a police officer. In fact, I probably never will be picked for a criminal case for exactly that reason. However, I forgot about civil cases, haha. So, today I was selected and the trial started. I am really praying that it will all be finished up tomorrow! Its not a complicated case, and its kind of a boring one, but at least I'm not spending 2 days waiting to never be selected!!
I don't mind serving jury duty, but I was very sad to have to leave the Teen Retreat early. Everyone had a BLAST yesterday and I stayed until bed time and then drove back. I really loved being with everyone and am sad I missed today. I heard it was an awesome day though, so as long as the teens had a great time, I'm happy.
We also have a mission group here this week. They have 120 people!!! They are running 3 VBS's and I am really excited to get to help out. I was scheduled for jury duty today and tomorrow anyway, so we weren't planning on me being able to help out until Wednesday. Hopefully this case won't make that any later. I heard everything went well today and I am itching to get to play with the kids!!
Serving on a jury has helped me feel even more affirmed in my decision to stay in Philly and get a part-time job. All I could think about today was the kids and the teens that I DESPERATELY wanted to be with. I can't imagine how I would feel if I ever left here, or stayed but couldn't be with the kids and teens all the time. Thank you Lord for your incredible plan!!!!!
I actually need to get to bed soon so I am not late to court tomorrow. Please be praying for wisdom as I help decide this case, and PLEASE pray that it will wrap up soon so I can get back to doing what I love. I am starting to question how good I am at it, but there is no question that I love it!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment