Monday, May 30, 2011

Wait, I have a blog?!?

Yeah... it's been a while. I long while. A really long while. If this blog was public and more than just my dad read it on a regular basis (my mom can never remember my blog address, so she just asks for updates from my dad. Seriously, haha), I would have lost all my readers. I do have a "mid-year" resolution regarding my blog, but I will tell you about that later. For now, here is a short (and abridged... leaving out a ton but hopefully hitting the highlights) update on life.

Wow, 2 months... I actually need to look at a calendar to remember what's been going on! Of course, it's basically been a whole lot of nothing. Well, not nothing; just nothing to really blog about. Mostly, I have been working. I now work 30 hours a week with CASA and I am still loving it. I have also been working hard to prepare for summer ministry at Cornerstone (we have 5 VBS groups this summer!).

In April, I did get to spend a fun weekend in Indianapolis with my friends April and Catherine. I do have a picture from the weekend, but it's not a pretty one, lol. We ran a a half marathon together, and unfortunately I didn't train well for it. So, it was a struggle to finish it but we did!! And we did have a lot of fun together. It was a really great weekend to get away from the city and to be around people that have known me for most of my life. I will never get over how incredible it is for us to still be close, after 18+ years. God is too good to me! :)

I also gained a new roommate! I am SO SO excited to have LINDSAY living with us! She is here until she goes off to college (which will be in about 6 months to a year), and we are loving it!

Just a few days after Lindsay moved in, we got to celebrate her 19th birthday! We decided to go to the Phillies game to celebrate, and it turned out to be quite a night. The Phillies DID win the game... though it took them 19 innings. Yup, the first time we decide to go to a game turns out to be the longest game in major league baseball all year. The game didn't end until almost 2 a.m.! It was long but a ton of fun; and we thought it was really cool that on Lindsay's 19th birthday, the Phillies won their game in 19 innings. :) (We will NOT be going to the Phillies game to celebrate her 20th birthday, haha).



Also, this past weekend Ashley and I traveled to NC for a wedding, and it was wonderful! About 5 years ago, Brooke and Ashley (and another friend, Jenna) lived with me and Brooke served as my intern at Cornerstone. It was a really great summer and Brooke, Ashley and I have all stayed close since then. Brooke lives in Illinois and we haven't seen each other much, but we try to talk/facebook as often as possible!

So, when Ashley and I were invited to Brooke's wedding we jumped at the chance to go! Plus, another friend (Kirsten) lives only about an hour from where the wedding was, so we had a free place to stay and a great excuse to go see Kirsten! At the last minute we decided to invite Melissa along, and it turned out to be a really awesome weekend. Well, other than me missing a crucial turn on the drive down to NC, which took us about 3 hours to correct; making the 9 hour trip into a 12 hour one. Whoops. We still had a really fun car ride!

Ashley, Melissa and I had a really great time catching up with Kirsten; seeing her school and apartment and even getting to meet some of her awesome friends. And of course, the wedding was beautiful. It was very small (only about 40 guests), which made us feel SO honored that we were on the guest list! Brooke even asked me to read scripture during the ceremony, and I only messed up once. (Word of Christ, when said too fast, can easily be misspoken as 'word of Cwiste, lol).

The only real negative over the last few months happened today when I woke up with a cold. It's not horrible, but I have been spending most of the day in bed. Although, now that I think about it, if I wasn't in bed all day I probably would have never found the time to finally update my blog. So, maybe it's not such a bad thing after all!

Well, now I feel like I need to take some medicine again and maybe make a cup of hot chai. (Yes, I am aware that it is 90 degrees outside; tell that to my throat! Of course, I have my air conditioner set at 65, so I think it will be okay, haha). I will blog again later tonight about my new resolution regarding my blog. (I have a sneaking suspicion that I am setting myself up for failure with this, but I am going to try anyway!).

Talk to you again soon!

No comments: