Has it really been 3 weeks since I posted on my blog?? I've been busier than I thought! Well, here's the run down for you!
I guess the most exciting news is I'M MOVING!!!! WOOHOO!!!! No, unfortunately my house hasn't sold yet, but God has opened the door for me to be able to buy the new house before I sell my old one. I will be renting my current house out to a friend, while keeping it on the market. In the mean time, Ashley and I will be moving into a new house!!! In 2 weeks! I can't believe how fast this is all happening, but it's absolutely time. As the weather gets warmer, my block has gotten crazier (not that it wasn't pretty insane in the winter months as well). I can't remember the last time I slept through the night, and I have called the cops more times in the last month than probably the last 3 years total. Yeah, its definitely time to move.
All the house stuff started about 2 weeks ago, so its been moving FAST! We are closing on April 2nd, and there is so much to do before then! Of course, the biggest stresser is the down payment/closing costs. Since I haven't sold my current house yet (which I had hoped would happen by now so I could use money from that sale for the down payment/closing costs), I am pretty much cleaning out all of my savings and then some to hopefully have the money. I really think I will have it, but its taking a strict budget and a lot of prayer to make it happen. It will be SO worth it though!!
As if the house stuff wasn't enough to keep me busy, I have also started my first CASA case. Its going REALLY well, and I LOVE it! It is a lot of work, but its awesome!! I am learning a lot about foster care, the courts and the law... so much that I just never knew before. Its very eye opening and I can already see it helping me in my ministry in Kensington. Of course, I am also completely in love with the kids on my case, so that's fun too. :)
And if that wasn't enough, I'm also in the process of becoming a foster parent! What?? I know, that was kinda my thought as well, haha. I'm early on in the process (my first training is this weekend), but I really feel at peace about all of it.
I was really surprised at myself after Linda and Bonita moved out. I definitely went through a period of mourning, but i didn't fall apart. In fact, I feel like I drew even closer to the Lord and learned so much about Him, and me. What I realized is that God has given me the gift of being able to care for His children for a time (however long He chooses), and then let them go and trust Him with them. I still love and pray for the girls daily, but my faith has actually strengthened thorough all of this. I have a real desire to give children a safe and loving home; any children that the Lord chooses, for any amount of time that He plans.
The process of becoming a foster parent does take a long time (home visits, background checks, trainings), and I'm not trying to rush it. The other good thing is that I can say yes or no to any phone calls I get to take kids in. So, the plan to become certified and then pray. I might have kids in my home this summer, I might not have any until next fall. I'm really trying to seek the Lord and let Him guide me.
Don't worry, though, I'm not finished! I've also been meeting with several of my God's Girls for discipleship, working hard on Kids Club, AND planning a summer mission trip for the teens! This will be the first year that I will be the main leader, and actually the oldest leader on the trip. There is a lot of prep to do, but we are SO excited to have a mission trip this year.
Okay, I think that's about it. In all, I am extremely busy, often stressed... but I am also more confirmed than EVER that leaving my part time job was a great decision. I am certainly not less busy, but I am spending my time on things that I love and I feel so much peace about everything. I will admit that taking a big pay cut right before buying a new house has caused some (okay, a little more than some) stress, but I still trust in the Lord and the decision that He and I made. :) Life just kind of feels like its as it should be. I even have time to babysit sometimes!
Hopefully I will remember to blog more, 3 weeks is just ridiculous! Of course, life doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon, so we'll see! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment