Before I go into details, though, I have to show you our new God's Girls t-shirts! We all LOVE them!!! Carisa and I have been wanting to have them for a long time, and thanks to a wonderful donation from a Sunday School class, we were able to get them just in time for Revolve!!
Revolve is basically Women Of Faith for teens, and preteens. Actually, its a little over the heads of most of our preteens, but they still enjoy it and do learn some stuff. Its really powerful for the teens, though, which I was really excited about with Cupcake, Linda and Bonita all there.
This year, since I had so few adult leaders, the teens really stepped up to help. We didn't have any problems with anyone getting lost, or feeling left out. It was great!
We also had AWESOME seats this year! We decided to pay a little extra (okay, more than a little) to get seats on the floor, and it turned out that we were RIGHT at the stage! The girls got to touch most of the music acts!! They were so excited! Okay, let's me honest, I was excited too!!
I really enjoyed the tour this year. All of the talks were amazing and really spoke to where the girls are. There was NO talk about marriage, and they FINALLY had people on stage that were larger than a size 2! In fact, several of the dancers and musicians were about my size! YAY!!
Britt Nicole, Stellar Kart and Group 1 Crew were the music acts and they all did an amazing job. Their songs really spoke to the girls, and they each spent some time sharing about their hearts for the Lord, which was so encouraging.
Everyone's favorite speaker was Chad Eastham. (Yes, they do allow boys!). Chad talked to the girls about the differences between guys and girls and about how guys need us to be who GOD created us to be, so they can be who GOD created them to be! He's very funny but also really solid in what he has to say so we all enjoyed it.
There is no question that we all had a lot of fun. :)
This will be our last year at Revolve for a while, which I am actually pretty okay with. It was a great weekend, but I can't handle preteens in large doses. :) The Revolve tour is taking all of 2010 off, and they aren't coming to Philly in 2011. Instead they will be in Reading, PA which is about 2 hours away, so I don't think we can make that trip. Makes me a lot more excited that we had such a great experience this year! Now I just pray that the girls really remember and apply what they learned.
1 comment:
I am REALLY glad I went. I needed that talk from Blanca..
Post a Comment