Hey again! I know I have been a blog slacker, but when you read the bullet points below, you will understand why!
So, here is what is going on right now:
* Still haven't sold the house. We have about 2 or 3 people a week coming to see it (which is awesome) and at least one has expressed interest, but we haven't gotten any offers. For the most part we are patiently waiting, but the constant cleaning of the house and having to leave at random times can get a little overwhelming.
* Still don't have a car. Again, this hasn't really been too much of a problem. We are fine walking most places (although we will probably need to invest in umbrellas soon, haha) and Ashley has been very generous in picking us up when its too late for us to walk home.
* Cornerstone clubs have started up. In some ways it feels really good to be back in the routine. In others, having work to do 4 nights a week, after a full day of school/work is pretty draining. And somehow, I keep picking up more and more responsibility.
* Cyber school continues to go well, but definitely keeps us busy. The girls are still doing well, but do need help throughout the day. I still feel 100% GREAT about the decision to do cyber school, the girls are already thriving so much more than they ever have. Still, its a lot of work for all 3 of us.
* I am unfortunately experiencing some health problems, and as of right now we have no idea why. To make a long story short, I have been having very frequent episodes of being light headed for several months now. They didn't really bother me much at first, but they happen so often (several times a day), and they seem to be getting worse (lasting longer, happening even more frequently). So, I finally went to the doctor. It could be a number of things, ranging from no big deal to very serious, so we are in the process of testing for as much as we can. Because my symptoms are so general, we are basically going to test for everything and slowly eliminate things as we can. I had my first round of blood tests this morning and I have some heart tests coming up and then we will go from there! I'm not TOO worried about it, but its hard not to be at least a little nervous when they start talking about heart and brain issues. So, we'll see! (And before you ask, the doctor said these symptoms don't really sound like they could be stress related). :)
* I am continuing to exercise and train for the Philadelphia half-marathon, as long as the doctor will let me. I have had to back off a little from what I would like to do so I am behind on my training. I don't know how ready I will be for the run, but I will try to do my best.
In addition to all of that, I'm still leading Kids Club, Children's Church in Oct. and THRiVE, co-leading Prayer Pals and God's Girls, and helping out at God Squad and Teen Club. And, working 30 hours a week for AIM. Basically, I'm pretty busy. :)
Overall, I feel pretty good (health issues aside), but I have to really work to budget my time well. That's a learning process for me right now as I also want to make sure I am available for the girls when they need help, and my goal is to have an actual home cooked meal every night (mostly for financial reasons, although we have all made the commitment that we want to be healthier). So far, that part is going well. Now I want to make sure the girls and I get regular time to do something fun and stress free each week. What and when, I have no idea. But, its my next goal. :)
Now, I must go get ready for Kids Club tonight. We have a group (Child Evangelism Fellowship) coming in to lead it, and they have a camera crew following them from Good Morning America. GMA is doing a story on CEF and will film them doing their program at our church! Its exciting, but also takes some planning and work, especially since we found out about this a week ago. Whew! Hopefully it will all go well and will be a really fun kick off night for Kids Club! And who knows, maybe some of our kids will be on TV! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment