Well, we are back in Philly and I am packing to leave again! Tomorrow morning I am flying to Indiana for a long weekend to visit my friend April and her family. April and I have been friends for 17 years!! I haven't seen her at all in several years, and the few times I have seen her in the last 10 years have been for very short periods of time. I had promised to come and visit her soon after she had her first child. Well, that child just entered 1st grade and she has since had 2 more!! I'm SO excited I can finally make the trip and I am really looking forward to catching up!
April actually had a lot to do with me coming to know the Lord and has been a constant encouragement and wonderful friend. I have gotten to know April's husband over the last few years as well and he and I get along really well, so I'm excited to hang out with both of them for a few days. They also have 3 BEAUTIFUL girls that I am REALLY excited to hang out with. My only fear is that they won't like me, haha.
I am also looking at this as an actual vacation, so I am not taking my computer! Whenever I have my computer I am way too tempted to answer email and work when I shouldn't be. So, when I'm not hanging out with the family, I will be reading or hanging out with Jesus. I'm SO excited! I basically get to spend the weekend with several of my favorite people in the world!!!
Linda and Bonita will be spending the weekend with their mom (they don't have school on Monday), which is very good for them. They haven't really seen her in a few weeks since we have been traveling.
So, you won't hear from me for a few days but you can be sure I will be having an amazing time! Hopefully I won't spend too much time thinking about the forever long to-do list waiting for me when I return (like my newsletter that needs to go out by next weekend!!).
Oh well, off to Indiana!!
No comments:
Post a Comment