Saturday, April 11, 2009

Long Time No See!

Wow, I can't believe its been almost 2 weeks since I have blogged!! That's practically unheard of! I have been pretty busy, though I have also had a million things I have wanted to blog about, I just couldn't seem to find the motivation, haha. I have a few posts in my head, though, so you might get a few from me today. Doing my best to make up for lost time. :)

I will start with a general update on me. If you couldn't tell from my last post, I am pretty tired. :) The spring semester at Cornerstone is the longest one of the year, and every year about this time I really start to feel it. This is the longest stretch of time where I don't leave Philly, which is always hard for me. While I am used to 8 weeks worth of Kids Club lessons, in the spring I have 13. Plus, it is definitely the busiest time of year for AIM as well. So, while I have been plugging along, I am definitely ready for a break. And I will get one in just about 3 weeks! Wooho!!

This last week I helped out with another AIM group that was here. I wasn't leading it, but its a group I know really well, and REALLY like, so I spent a lot of time with them. It was a GREAT week. Bonita was on Spring Break from school, so our schedules were much more flexible, and I didn't have to worry about bed times with her, which we both enjoyed. So, when I wasn't doing my normal work, I was with the group. This was their 3rd year coming to Philly and I am really hoping that they will work with Cornerstone next year. They are a great team, very encouraging and a lot of fun! I had people to hang out with for a week, and we laughed A LOT. I loved it!!

Unfortunately, I have been battling sickness since the football team left. I have good days and bad days, and this week constituted several bad days. Its not the kind of sickness that totally knocks me out, its just enough that I feel like I'm living at about 65% of my normal self. I finally (very reluctantly) decided to take a few days off from running to hopefully let my body recover so I can get back to 100%. I'm just praying it doesn't put me too far behind on my training because the Broad Street is in 3 weeks!!!! Its also been challenging for me because I feel like I'm being lazy and gaining 15 pounds a day. Obviously that's not true, but to go from exercising as much as I had been to almost nothing, even for a few days, kinda gets me down. Exercise helps keep me in a much better mental state, so I really want to get back to that asap!!

Bonita and I continue to do well. We're about a month in and still liking each other! We have had a few "parental" issues (like her learning the different between asking permission to do something and telling me that she is going to do something...that's a hard one...), but we've been able to work through them. I definitely don't think I treat her the same way I would my own daughter, but there are times I need to pull the "mom" card. Its interesting to try and figure out our relationship. Interesting...challenging...and worth it. I'm still praying that everything works out for her to do Cyber School in the fall, and the more time we spend together, the more confirmed I feel in that decision. We won't know anything until the end of May though...

Now I'm really just counting down the days until I head to NC for vacation with my family. (26 days!!). I have 3 Kids Club lessons to get through, plenty of AIM work to continue with, and my running training to fit into the schedule. God is VERY good and faithful, however, and giving me everything I need, even when I don't know that I need it. And if I ever get really down...Bonita isn't far away to remind me why I am here. Of course, there is also baby Selah Varaso who is already my bff, even if she doesn't know it yet. And in the next week, Carisa and Marcella will be giving birth to 2 babies I can't wait to meet, love and spoil!

No comments: