I know I promised a cruise update and I haven't delivered...I am so sorry! I hit the ground running when I got back and haven't really had much time to stop! I am extremely busy, but also motivated for once, so I'm trying to capitalize on this! I did upload all of my cruise pictures onto my Phanfare site, so you can enjoy them there! I will give you a full update in a few days...seriously this time!
A quick update on everything else going on:
* I came back to an inbox with 143 emails. I just finished replying to them all yesterday. Whew!
* I am REALLY trying to get on track with my exercise and eating. Doing great on the exercise front, not so much on the eating. I know it will take time, and I need to make sure I make that time!
* My phone has been ringing off the hook from teens all this week. They all have SO much going on!! I am really praying through my involvement with them, please pray with me. I really feel called to kids ministry, and I am realizing that teens actually get 80% of my time (if not more). I feel like the kids are getting short-changed and I don't think this is how God wants me to spend my time.
* I'm getting new furniture!! I found an awesome couch and love seat on craigslist for a really great price, and they will be here on Tuesday!! I also found a dining room table and new TV stand that I love and I will be checking them out next week as well. All of the furniture I have right now was given to me and is WAY too big for my house. (I am throwing out my couches..they are old, disgusting and are apparently Gizmo's favorite place to throw up).
* I am selling the rest of my living room/dining room furniture! I put my living room/dining room stuff up for sale on craigslist and currently have 3 people interested!! This will help me pay for my new stuff! Yay!!
* I am finally starting a retirement plan! There is a great non-profit retirement plan I found through AIM (though I can continue it even if I don't work for AIM). I'm pumped to actually be planning for the future!
* I am heading to Chicago this coming Friday for a weekend with my friend's Ashley and Brooke...and we're going to see the So You Think You Can Dance Tour Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alright, that's all the important stuff that I can think of. I started a deep cleaning of my house today to get ready for my new furniture. My living room and dining room have never been cleaner! I even cleaned behind and under everything! I also cleaned the laundry room (which is so small it can't actually be called a room) and organized it so I can find things. I also made room in there for my roommate's bikes; I don't like them in the living room. I'm so anal. :)
It took forever, but I feel so much better having everything clean! My next free day will be spent on the kitchen and bathroom (probably 2 weeks from now). I really need to clean my room too, but I think I can get that done some time next week. The kitchen and bathroom need some serious time and bleach. :)
You can continue to pray for my roommate situation. No matter how many times I explain things to her, she feels like I am kicking her out...but is refusing to move in with the friend who has a spare room. So, needless to say, things could be better. I know God has a solution, so I am just leaning on him. For now, I will use her rent money to help pay for new furniture. :)
Okay, I am off! I am leaving tomorrow to go on the God Squad retreat, and I'll be back Monday night. I am kinda nervous about this trip since so many of the teens are going through so much (there was almost a really big fight at Teen Club last week). In fact, the only real reason that I am going is Linda, Monique and Pedro are all going this year. I always learn a lot from the lessons as well, so I'm excited to be challenged. Hopefully the teens will be as well.
1 comment:
I would love to help in any way I can. I am by no means an expert, but I will share with you what I have been doing to eat better. One of the best things I have found is Fiber One makes GREAT English muffins. They have a ton of fiber (9g) and are low in calories (100 per muffin!). They really help keep me ful for the morning. We'll have to get together and talk! See you soon!
Post a Comment