The past few days have been really good, mostly because I feel even more solid in my decision to stay in Philly. The response to my last blog was overwhelming with everyone confirming what the Lord has been saying and supporting my decision. Even my parents, who constantly worry about me overworking myself, are in full support. That has to be God! :) I'm ready to start looking for a job now, but since I can't start until September, there isn't much point right now. I'm keeping an eye out though.
Memorial Day was really nice, though kind of boring. Jenna and I decided to spend the day at the park reading and getting some exercise. Our plan started out well. It was kind of an overcast day, but that actually kept it from being too hot. We headed to Fairmount Park (my favorite place in the city) and I read while Jenna went for a run. When she came back, I headed out for a run while Jenna read for a while. Not too long after I returned from my run it started to rain. Then a strange man showed up who was showing a little too much interest in Jenna so we decided to head home. We had hoped to stay longer, but it was a good time nonetheless. We came home and finished the day by doing some major cleaning. I hadn't cleaned the bathroom or the kitchen since I moved in, and I'm pretty sure the guys didn't clean them before I left. I'm not convinced that they were ever cleaned. How do I know? Well, once we started cleaning we realized that the bathtub and the kitchen floor were very different colors than they appeared to be. It was really really really gross.
Things have been going really great having Jenna around and we both commented on how we will miss it when she moves out in a few weeks. She is absolutely what I needed right now, and vice versa. We take turns cooking (she is a great cook!) and are really encouraging one another toward healthy eating and regular exercise and we have awesome conversations about God. She is actually the one that really helped me process what God was saying and put it all together to finally be able to make the decision to stay in Philly. Plus, we have a lot of fun together! Brooke, our Cornerstone summer missionary, arrives tomorrow and I really pray she is half as great as Jenna. :) My friend Ashely comes tomorrow too, although she is only staying with me for a few days. It should be a really fun few days though! In fact, I finally unpacked my room so Ashley will have a place to sleep. The only thing left for me to unpack is the kids' room, but that doesn't need to happen any time soon...so I doubt that it will, haha.
We had a membership dinner tonight at church, which pretty much means that the summer is starting. It is going to be a VERY busy summer, but I am so excited about everything that is going on. We have a group coming next week that will do a fun program for the after-school kids. Next Friday is our trip to Hershey Park (YAY!!!!) and then all of our clubs start up again. I am definitely going to miss the flexibility I have in my schedule now, but I am excited to see all that God has in store for the summer!!
No comments:
Post a Comment