Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Great Christmas!

Hey Everyone! I am sorry I haven't written in a while. I am at my parents house and they still have dial up internet, so getting on line is always kind of a pain.

I have had such a wonderful break at my parents house! I left Philly on Saturday and arrived late Saturday night. I spent Sunday with my family and we traveled to Richmond to have dinner with some other family. I can't remember the last time we were all together, so it was really fun. We ended up watching some old home movies of family Christmas when I was about 9 and 10 years old, and it was hilarious! Apparently that year I received a New Kids on the Block tape, and was very excited. We also watched the old Christmas plays that my cousin made us do every year. My poor little brother was always baby Jesus (he was the only boy). It was so much fun!

Christmas day was also really great. My brother and I bought our parents a computer this year (they were still using the one that I had in college!), and seeing their faces when they opened it was all I needed! We spent the rest of the day just kind of hanging out, Christmas isn't as much fun when there aren't kids around. We did watch the Cowboys/Eagles game, which was awesome!

Yesterday I got to go to Roanoke (where I grew up) and visited with my grandmother for a while. She is so much fun! It was a really great visit. From there I went to hang out with some friends from high school while my brother went to hang out with some of his friends. It was really great to get to see my friends. We stay in pretty good contact, but its pretty rare that we actually get together. Its still kinds weird for me, though, with several of my friends married with children (or kids on the way). It was a really fun time though. After that I picked up my brother (who was hanging out with another friend of mine from high school) and then we headed back.

I'm actually heading back to Philly tonight so I can have a full day to clean, do laundry and pack before I leave for Africa on Friday. I got a lot done before I left, so I'm hoping I won't be too rushed or stressed when I get back. I have had a lot of time to read and just relax with the Lord this week, which has been incredible! So, I would love to be able to continue that tomorrow, even though I have a lot to do.

I am starting to get nervous about this trip. One of the guys that was supposed to go has apparently backed out because his family has pretty much forbidden him from going. That makes me really sad, but I guess you can't blame them for caring. I wasn't as worried until I say this guy's parents' reaction and suddenly I thought maybe I should be more nervous than I am. I know that has to be the enemy because I was at complete peace about it until then. I'm juts trying to trust in Him, and follow Him. I don't know what exactly He has planned, but I do plan on finding out! :)

No comments: