I can't believe its over, and I actually survived!! The Kids Club Christmas Party was last night (the one for 7-10's at least) and as usual it was one of my favorite nights of the year!!!Its a lot of work to get ready for (a lot is an understatement!), but its SO worth it! The looks on the kids faces are SO GREAT as they get to pick out their gifts and just be showered with love!
The most amazing part for me was how incredibly well behaved the kids were last night. They were all so patient, having so much fun! We had over 80 kids, and not a single discipline problem!! It was amazing!!
Of course, I am sure that had a lot to do with all the wonderful help I had. I had over 20 leaders (teens and adults) volunteer their time to help us out. I would NOT have made it without them!
Really, the only difficult part of the whole evening was the kids deciding which gift they wanted!
In addition to picking out a present, the kids also got a bag full of school supplies:
AND some winter gear:
AND a brand new Kids Club sweatshirt! I really love the design for this year!
I was pretty busy beforehand, and even more exhausted afterwards, but I don't mind a bit. This is the kind of thing that makes me say, "Really, Lord? This gets to be my job?!? THANK YOU!!".I mean, seriously! It doesn't get much better than this!



(and a big thank you to Carisa for bringing her camera and taking pictures! My camera battery died about 10 minutes into the party!)
No comments:
Post a Comment