Seriously, I am loving 2009. I'm sure the Virginia Tech Orange Bowl win has something to do with my feelings, haha, but its not the only reason.
Of course, top on my list of favorite things about 2009 is the Virginia Tech Orange Bowl win last night! It was our first BCS bowl win!! Despite the fact that the commentators were madly in love with Cincinnati (it was their first bowl appearance ever, so that is somewhat understandable), I really enjoyed watching the game. It was nice to see us win!!I also had a lot of company last night! Kirsten, one of the teens from Cornerstone (who is now in college in NC), is in Philly for her break and is staying with us. She usually stays with the Hinsons, but they have 11 people at their house right now for the holidays, so Kirsten is hanging out with us! We have been having a lot of fun, and she took care of Beth and Gizmo while Jen and I were out of town. Thanks Kirsten!!
Yesterday, around 10 a.m. I got a text from my friend Jenna saying that she was hoping to get a last minute flight to Philly for a few days and was wondering if she could stay with me. Of course I said yes and we started getting more blankets together to wash. She texted me about an hour later saying that she would be in at 10 that night!! (Incidentally, her plane arrived at half time...perfect!!). So, we got ready for two guests!
Then, about an hour after that I got a text from my friend E (known to close friends as "J's Girlfriend") that she was coming into town last night as well (she stays with me whenever she is in town). So, we added another to the party!!
Jen and I kinda freaked out for a minute because the basement is a mess and we weren't sure about having people sleep down there. Cleaning it is on the to-do list for this weekend, but obviously that wasn't soon enough. Thankfully, the girls' had recently cleaned their room, so it didn't take long to make that room available (and smelling nice). Really all we had to do was wash a lot of blankets and sheets.
And of course, the payoff was totally worth it. We had so much fun last night!! After celebrating the Hokie win (well, I was really the only one celebrating, haha), we all had a really awesome conversation about the Lord that we are hoping to continue. Jenna is just coming from a conference that talked a lot about the end times, so we are having a lot of fun just talking about Jesus. It is SUCH a blessing to be surrounded by these ladies!! Oh, and J was around for a while last night too and, as usual, added a lot of awesomeness to the conversation. Its a blessing to have him around too. (He will now be known to his close friend as, "E's Boyfriend"). :)
And, to top all of this off...my wonderful friends put my dining room table and chairs together!!! I came home on New Year's Eve to the table, and a few chairs, being put together! Thank you Jen, Kirsten, and Melissa! Then, last night J and Jenna decided to put the rest together, so now my dining room table is finished!!! (Well, we found 3 screws lying around after it was all finished, so they still need to be added to whichever chairs they belong to, haha, but everything is up and stable!). It looks wonderful!!! Here is an overhead shot:
I LOVE it!! We will be painting the walls soon (feel free to suggest colors, I have no idea yet...), and I am looking for a nice (and cheap!) rug. Then the dining room will be complete!!
Its becoming more and more like a big girl house every day. :)
Oh, and tonight the fun will continue as Lindsay joins us! I'm not sure if E is staying or not, but it will at least be me, Jenna, Jen, Kirsten and Lindsay. Maybe I can talk them into helping me take the treadmill apart, move it to the basement and then put it back together. ;) My to-do list is actually being checked off!! I'm really liking 2009 so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment