On Saturday I went with my friends Elizabeth and Melanie out to Melanie's parents' house (in Delaware) to help out with a Christmas party for some of the kids that live near Elizabeth. There were 7 kids, and while I really only went as a driver, I had a lot of fun hanging out with these kids. They are hilarious! They really enjoyed getting out of the city and being in a real home for a few hours. It made me wish my parents lived closer so I could take kids to their house! (Which is probably why my parents keep moving farther and farther away from me, haha).
I had Prayer Pals Christmas Party shopping to do on Saturday, but the party (including all the driving) took several hours, so I couldn't go until after 10. Thankfully, Elizabeth and her husband Frank went with me and we made it a fun midnight shopping trip. It was very helpful to have Frank as I was shopping for 5 boys and 2 girls, and he thinks like a little boy so we got some great stuff. :)
Bonita, Pedro and Miguel came to church with me on Sunday and just hung out with me for the day. They were hilarious!! They had to stay downstairs most of the time while I was wrapping Prayer Pals presents, and they managed to be very helpful. They cleaned up the basement, threw out an old (kitten poop covered) mattress and box spring and took the dog on several walks. Of course, they also took her running in the mud and left me with some floor cleaning to do, but they were so helpful otherwise, I couldn't really complain.
Sunday night was the Prayer Pals Christmas party...my favorite night of the year!! I was especially excited because I had personally shopped for 7 of the kids, so I couldn't wait to see their reaction! (A lot of the kids' pals found it easier to just send me a check and have me do the shopping...which I actually had a lot of fun with!). As usual, the party exceeded my expectations and we all had a BLAST! This was the first year that we had ALL the pals opening presents together (we usually split them into two separate hours). So, it was a bit crowded but fun.
Here are some great pics!
Miguel was SO excited about these chips. I would guess that they have all already been eaten, haha.

The whole group! :)I will be uploading the pics to the church website today, so you can check all of them out here!
Yesterday I got to spend the morning babysitting the Hinson boys. Last time I babysat I had so much work to do that they ended up just playing by themselves while I worked. Not fun. So, this time I made sure I could just hang out and play with them the whole time, and we had so much fun!!! Paxton got the game "Perfection" at the Prayer Pals party, so we played that for a long time. We actually got a good system going of Kyler handing me a piece (while saying, "Here Frish") and then me putting in the right place. We beat the clock several times! If course, we still let it pop and scare us. It scared us every time. After it would pop Kyler would say, "Want to do it again, Frish?". How do you say no to that? You can't!!
Incidentally, Kyler has just started calling me Frish. He alternates between that and Trish. Paxton called me Frish for about a year when I first me him, so I kinda like the nickname. :) It's a lot better than what my brother calls me, haha. :)
I also cleaned my room last night! YAY!! Kirsten is coming to stay at my house while I'm away to help take care of Beth, so I figured I should make my room somewhat bearable while she is here. Actually, my room usually stays very clean except when I travel...which I have been doing a lot lately. Its nice to have it all clean again!!
Today, I will be tackling the kitchen. I am reorganizing the entire thing! Don't worry, its not a very big kitchen, so it won't take THAT long (though it will still take some time), but I'm excited to get it done. I'm hoping that once everything has its place, my roommate and I will be consistent with where we put things (meaning, I am hoping she will put things where I think they should go, haha).
My plan is to have the kitchen and the floors cleaned before I go home, and then threaten Kirsten and Jen if they mess anything up. :) When I return I will be organizing the storage in the basement, putting in shelves upstairs (that could be interesting!), painting the dining room, stripping the paint on the banister, and putting together my dining room table (or trying to find someone I can pay to do it, haha). Oh, and hopefully having a plumber come and fix my leaky upstairs.
I have about 3 weeks to accomplish these goals...while also preparing for the Spring semester of Kids Club, starting a Sunday School class and taking over Children's Church every third month. Whew! It WILL all be finished, just you wait and see!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment