Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cruisin!

Tomorrow morning at 4 a.m. I will head to the airport with 5 friends that I really love. We will fly to Miami where we will board a cruise ship and spend the next 5 days together traveling to the Bahamas and having an amazing time. I am SO PUMPED!!!

I realized earlier this summer that it has been 4 years since I have taken a real vacation. That is a long time! (I don't count the beach trip earlier this summer since I had 9 kids with me!). I'm ready for this one!

How can I afford such a trip?!? JESUS!! Haha, seriously though we found an incredible last minute deal that we couldn't pass up. And thanks to our rebate checks, we had the money to do it! We actually looked at some cruises leaving out of Philly, but this deal was so amazing that the cost of the cruise plus the flight to Miami was still cheaper. Thank you Jesus!

This last week has been insane. For the first time in my life, I am actually important at my job. What I mean by that is, while I used to be able to just go away and have someone cover me for a few days, now I have to actually take care of things before I leave because there isn't anyone else that can do them. So, I have spent all week basically preparing to go away...and its been crazy. But, honestly, a lot of fun too. :)

But, now I am ready to go. I have sent tons of emails, made several spreadsheets, spent hours on the phone training people to do what I do. I have also typed up several different "How To" documents and answered countless questions. If I didn't come back from this cruise, my job would still be covered. :)

I have also gotten everything ready for Kids Club. Birthdays, slide shows and even a new bulletin board are ready to go.

So, now I am ready to cruise. Did I mention that I'm really excited?!?!

I know there will be internet available on the cruise, but I am going to avoid it. I think I would be too tempted to check my work email and that wouldn't be fun. So, you will have to wait until I get back to hear all about it. :)

Alright, I need to get some sleep so I can actually get up in time for the airport run! (Thank goodness for Frank Hinson who is willing to wake up at a crazy hour to drive us all to the airport. We weren't sure we could find anyone who liked us enough to do it, haha).

Please pray for good weather!! There aren't any hurricanes on the horizon, but there is still talk of rain. We want sun!!

Also, please continue to pray for my roommate situation. A friend of mine knows that I have been struggling with having a roommate and recently mentioned to me that she actually really needs a roommate and she was wondering if my roommate would be willing to move in. I thought it sounded like a great idea (their personalities actually match better), so I mentioned it to my roommate. Well, she didn't take it well and is pretty upset right now. I really feel like this is something that God may be doing, but I need Him to come and show all of us what He is up to!

I am hoping that this time of me being away will really allow both of us to really hear what God wants to do.

Also, PLEASE be praying for Carisa and her family. She is 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and is horribly sick. She was very sick with her last pregnancy but this one is even worse (which I hope means its a girl, hehe). I even took her to the ER on Friday because she is so depleted of nutrients. Her doctor's aren't overly concerned about her health (this is actually somewhat common), but she is miserable. Please pray!

Alright, I am off to bed. If my last vacation is any indication (the "dream" vacation), I will take tons of pictures, and I will share them all when I return!!

1 comment:

Sammi Shake said...

yay cruise! I'm so happy for you! You definitely deserve this