I can not believe how exhausted I am feeling. I am feeling physically exhausted, but I think that is caused by the spiritual and emotional exhaustion that I am feeling. I haven't been doing much physical activity, and I have actually been getting a good amount of sleep at night. My days are filled just with so much! Its not that I am worried about Travis at all. I know that the Lord is taking care of him. But, that doesn't make it any easier to watch him suffer. He has been so sick for the past 3 days, and all I can do it sit and watch and pray. I know in my head that praying is the best thing for him, but its just so hard to not be able to do anything. I just want him to get better!
Today he is feeling (and looking) much better. I haven't spent a lot of time at the hospital...I think after 3 full weeks in Africa with me, and 2 days stuck with me in the hospital he could use a break. We were hoping he would be able to go home tomorrow, but they are thinking Tuesday or Wednesday now. His red and white blood cell counts got pretty low. They are rising, but the doctors want to make sure they stay that way before releasing him. Plus, he is just now starting to barely eat, and they want him to be able to eat a good amount as well as stay hydrated before sending him home. I am really praying for Tuesday, I know he is ready to get out of the hospital!
On a different note, my house is clean! Well, not exactly clean, but it is cleaner and I can live with it being this way for a little while until I can find the time to really clean. I finally unpacked everything from my trip and washed and folded all my clothes. Everything isn't put away where it should be (my bedroom door will stay closed for a while, haha), but my house is at least presentable. My car on the other hand...hopefully I will have time for that tomorrow. Today was the first day in over a week that I have been home when I'm not working or sleeping. That could be why I am so tired as well, haha.
I actually just finished making dinner and I think Frankie is coming over with the girls so we can eat together. I am heading to church at 6:30 for membership classes. I'm going to head to the hospital one last time after that, just to make sure Travis has everything he needs (and some gifts and cards people have made for him) and then I will crash for the night. Tomorrow looks like a really full day with a lot of work, hospital visits, after-school and God Squad. Don't worry, though, as exhausted as I feel, I'm actually doing really well. I have spent the vast majority of the last 3 days in intense prayer, which means I have been at the feet of my Jesus, and that feels SO GOOD! So, don't worry about me, my man is taking care of me, hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment